Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by DuncanCE22, Jan 6, 2015.

1. FallOfHumanity

FallOfHumanity A Canadian

Day 6 -
    The island is getting pretty lonely. I know of at least 3 other survivors. I'm going to try and make friends with them. We'll see how that goes. I found a pretty large school of fish and they come back to the same spot every day. My food source should be plentiful for the next couple of weeks. I have sent a bottle message to "the Maker" asking if they could send pictures of my "family". There has been no response. I hope it's not too long now.

2. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Hahahaha... I know. I keep watching the Facebook page to see if they post pics of them coming through the line but nothing. It's like a kidnapping situation....just show me pictures so I know it's still alive!! :) or coming to life, in this case. Eh, it'll be here eventually...

3. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Damn I knew that initial estimate of 4-6 weeks wasn't right...and now it's confirmed. Won't be getting mine until mid May. :(

4. jcha008

jcha008 New Member

Sounds about right. The DW models have only just started showing up, so I would think the Holcomb is probably in the same boat time wise. The waiting is the worst part, but it will be sick when it does arrive!

5. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Absolutely...I know it'll be worth the wait!

6. Morphine

Morphine New Member

7. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

8. FallOfHumanity

Where'd you get a confirmation from? Your dealer?

9. VHTStark

VHTStark New Member

How's life on the island boys? Am I the only one who has watched all the videos portraying the Holcomb model repeatedly?! Haha!

10. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Yeah, my dealer got an email from them and called me to give me the news.

Hahhaa, nope, you're not alone. I must have watched that main PRS video at least 5 times. And the Seymour Duncan video too. And I check the PRS Facebook page daily in case they post any pics of them in production.

11. FallOfHumanity

I can't even count how many times I've watched any video pertaining to the Holcomb sig. It's all I can do to stay sane.

More island updates coming soon.

12. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Hahaha totally. The second I get that guitar I'm learning how to play that clean riff he plays when demonstrating the neck pickup in the PRS vid.

13. FallOfHumanity

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUUiWmERjvk

14. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

15. FallOfHumanity

I thought Alpha was great and wasn't fond of Omega, but then I listened to Omega a lot and now I prefer it over Alpha. They both have great stuff though. I'm not really a Periphery fan, though. I've been into metal since I was 16 (I'm 27 now), there's just always been something about Periphery I couldn't get into. I'm coming around though. I love Mark as a guitarist though, but I love his taste in guitar specs even more. :)

16. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Funny I did the same thing. At first I was sold on Alpha then gave Omega more time and I was hooked. But yeah, I'm more into the guitar specs than I am the band.

17. FallOfHumanity

Day 12 -
    Still no pictures or messages have come to me. I guess I'm not surprised. It's not like this island has an address. I've been keeping myself busy by building a shelter. I decided to kick it up a notch and create a trench from the ocean to behind the shelter. It's like a convenient swimming pool + bath tub combination a few feet from my little hut. Pretty awesome.

There was a storm a few days ago, too. It was loud and there was so much rain. It brought down a tree on the island, which was actually useful. Coconuts, anyone?

Another pass-time is trying to feel my beard grow. Some times I can actually feel my beard growing, and it's a terrific feeling. Just incredible.

18. Ovibos

Ovibos Naughty Wood Librarian

The lead line (I think it's Mark?) at about the 4:15 mark of the track 'Omega' is my favorite thing on this album. It also shows up in a jazz version during one of the overture pieces IIRC.
    I've been working on that bit for a few days.

19. FallOfHumanity

I have to say, I like Graveless and Omega, but I think Omega is my favorite track on either album. I love how they incorporated the chorus from Alpha into it, and then the way that track ends is heavy. Love it. I want to learn Stranger Things, as well. Especially the fast tapping part in the chorus.

20. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

LOL

Yeah, I started to work on that intro to Priestess the other day but didn't get as much time to work on it as I'd like. Going to be a fun riff to learn though, that's for sure. I also started trying to learn Mordecai by Between the Buried and Me. I think my favorite song from Omega is The Bad Thing. Love the part from the solo starting at 3:38 and goes into that lighter bridge part.