MA Pete's weekly NGD - Tremonti Trem in Faded Whale Blue

If I am following correctly, and I probably am not.... from left to right:

Tremonti , Tremonti, 24-08, Paul's Guitar, and a Custom 22?

Damn sexy line up!

Thanks!

Yes, except the 2nd from the right is the new 2024 Spec Custom 2408 with the Paul's Guitar Pickups.

The Custom 22 is a 2016 I picked up a couple of weeks ago, has a Pattern Thin Neck, which is somewhat rare for a Custom 22, particularly one that new.

awesome, pete! the next logical step is shorter next scales. :p

Nope!! I thought so too, and got that Purple Iris SC 594 a few weeks ago. It played and sounded great, but I was shocked that I did not at all bond with the scale length. So it was returned.

I guess just 25" scale guitars with Pattern Thin Necks for me - which is a very short list, Tremonti's and Custom 24's, and any used Custom 22's I can find out there. Maybe that is good - it might prevent me from getting too carried away. (Whoops, too late for that!) ;)

Nope!! I thought so too, and got that Purple Iris SC 594 a few weeks ago. It played and sounded great, but I was shocked that I did not at all bond with the scale length. So it was returned.

I guess just 25" scale guitars with Pattern Thin Necks for me - which is a very short list, Tremonti's and Custom 24's, and any used Custom 22's I can find out there. Maybe that is good - it might prevent me from getting too carried away. (Whoops, too late for that!) ;)
yeah, so, about that. sounds you you need to make a trip to the vault.

Yes, it would be nice to have a Singlecut (a 25" one in my case) in the 8 to 8.5 pound range for a lighter one.
Mine missed it by that much.. 8.6lbs

1000036966b18fc36d85aedaad.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, except the 2nd from the right is the new 2024 Spec Custom 2408 with the Paul's Guitar Pickups.

The Custom 22 is a 2016 I picked up a couple of weeks ago, has a Pattern Thin Neck, which is somewhat rare for a Custom 22, particularly one that new.

Doh! I thought I might be wrong about that one. I didn't remember a Paul's in your NGD tirade, but I'm only here a couple of days a week and thought I missed it. Same layout on the switches, I think. Having the new '24 24-08's have the Paul's pickup makes it hard to tell.

Anyway, hot damn! I wish I had the funds to grab a couple more myself. And I could, if I got divorced first and we sold the house to split the equity. I mean, that's what would happen if I started buying more cores at this point anyway. Instead, I will play and love my 24-08 and plan for the long game to get the next "must have". Maybe sell a very used kidney or something. lol

Doh! I thought I might be wrong about that one. I didn't remember a Paul's in your NGD tirade, but I'm only here a couple of days a week and thought I missed it. Same layout on the switches, I think. Having the new '24 24-08's have the Paul's pickup makes it hard to tell.

Anyway, hot damn! I wish I had the funds to grab a couple more myself. And I could, if I got divorced first and we sold the house to split the equity. I mean, that's what would happen if I started buying more cores at this point anyway. Instead, I will play and love my 24-08 and plan for the long game to get the next "must have". Maybe sell a very used kidney or something. lol
I figured out a great way around justifying the expense to my wife, she took out student loans to go to school and I didn’t, so the way I see it I saved us tons of money that can be spent on more guitars!

Well, my adventure continues. The last few days were very exciting with the new Tremonti and new Amp.

This morning I got up and was thinking some more about my 25" McCarty. It is a great one, but I am not playing it, because of the bigger Pattern Neck Carve and the Stoptail. Then later in the day I went to the Chicago Music Exchange to check out a bunch of things to do some more soul searching.

I played some Pattern Necked guitars at CME today, and holy cow, they felt HUGE compared to what I was used to! And then I played a couple of Custom 24's, and they felt "just right". I decided to go *ALL IN* on the Pattern Thin and Trem-Equipped guitars, and sell the McCarty.

My Carroll Blue Custom 2408 with the Paul's Guitar pickups sold today. And then I posted the McCarty for sale on The Gear Page Emporium (not yet on Reverb).

So if I sold a guitar today, and I am roughly abiding by the "one in, one out" rule, hmm, what could that mean? ;) Ha-ha!

The adventure continues!

Well, my adventure continues. The last few days were very exciting with the new Tremonti and new Amp.

This morning I got up and was thinking some more about my 25" McCarty. It is a great one, but I am not playing it, because of the bigger Pattern Neck Carve and the Stoptail. Then later in the day I went to the Chicago Music Exchange to check out a bunch of things to do some more soul searching.

I played some Pattern Necked guitars at CME today, and holy cow, they felt HUGE compared to what I was used to! And then I played a couple of Custom 24's, and they felt "just right". I decided to go *ALL IN* on the Pattern Thin and Trem-Equipped guitars, and sell the McCarty.

My Carroll Blue Custom 2408 with the Paul's Guitar pickups sold today. And then I posted the McCarty for sale on The Gear Page Emporium (not yet on Reverb).

So if I sold a guitar today, and I am roughly abiding by the "one in, one out" rule, hmm, what could that mean? ;) Ha-ha!

The adventure continues!

strap yourselves in, folks. pete is back!

Oh man, Pete, that is one irresistibly gorgeous guitar! Wooo!

Plus I think I feel like I need to fill on the guitar hangers on the wall. :)

This reminds me of Empty Rack Space Syndrome.

In my old, hardware-based studio, I'd run out of rack space in a 20 space rack. So I'd get another piece of gear, but have to buy another 20 space rack.

But then there were those mostly-empty rack rails with the little screw holes, nothing in 'em, just sitting there yelling at me to fill 'em up with more gear.

Which I often dutifully did!

At some point, however, I discovered the saving grace: The Blank Rack Panel.

I was delighted to see that there were other crazies like me who had to put Something, Anything, in those empty spaces, and there was a way to do it that allowed me to relax until I actually, you know, needed something.

This temporarily saved what one might laughingly call my 'sanity'. ;)

Further saving grace was that my industry switched to lots of software replacements for hardware. I gave racks away to friends and sold off the hardware. Yay.

What I'd do in your shoes is pull those hooks off the walls, throw 'em out, spackle the holes, repair the paint, and breathe a sigh of relief that there isn't some nasty little piece of hardware staring at you and screaming loudly, "Feed me! Feeeeed meeeee!" ;)

Oh man, Pete, that is one irresistibly gorgeous guitar! Wooo!

This reminds me of Empty Rack Space Syndrome.

In my old, hardware-based studio, I'd run out of rack space in a 20 space rack. So I'd get another piece of gear, but have to buy another 20 space rack.

But then there were those mostly-empty rack rails with the little screw holes, nothing in 'em, just sitting there yelling at me to fill 'em up with more gear.

Which I often dutifully did!

At some point, however, I discovered the saving grace: The Blank Rack Panel.

I was delighted to see that there were other crazies like me who had to put Something, Anything, in those empty spaces, and there was a way to do it that allowed me to relax until I actually, you know, needed something.

This temporarily saved what one might laughingly call my 'sanity'. ;)

Further saving grace was that my industry switched to lots of software replacements for hardware. I gave racks away to friends and sold off the hardware. Yay.

What I'd do in your shoes is pull those hooks off the walls, throw 'em out, spackle the holes, repair the paint, and breathe a sigh of relief that there isn't some nasty little piece of hardware staring at you and screaming loudly, "Feed me! Feeeeed meeeee!" ;)

Ha-ha! Yes, you and I have discussed that "empty rack space syndrome" and "empty guitar hook syndrome" over the years.

I used to have guitars in my Office (I work from Home when not traveling, I always have). Many of the great pics in the adventure from 2010 when I moved from Boston to Chicago were taken there in the Office. I had a guitar room that I had built that I used for a while, but that didn't work great as it didn't have proper windows and daylight with a view. It was actually the epic Windy City Tonefest in February of 2020 when I set everything up in the Main Room for that event with the guys, and I loved having more space to spread out. I played with a few setups and settled into what I have now.

I do have 9 hooks up in that space, but two are blocked by the Computer Monitor where the desk is right now. So I guess that leaves me with 7 hooks. And I am not ready to do any spackling just yet! (I thought of removing the two hooks over the desk, but I want the flexibility to later refigure the setup if I want to.)

I think that is about the right number for me for my 2024 collection (for now!). I have the 25" McCarty and the Custom 24 Private Stock for sale now. (The Private Stock is awesome - but it doesn't quite fit into my vibe for the collection, I will replace it with another Custom 24. It is the guitar that led me down my current path of Pattern Thin guitars with Trems, which I will always remember it for doing.) That leaves me with 4 with another inbound given the sale of the Carroll Blue Custom 2408 yesterday, so 5 plus the 2 for sale = 7. So I am still planning to abide by the "one in one out rule" that I have for myself! :) I do have a plan for what the "remaining" two will be.

Stay tuned here to watch that unfold! ;)

Back