Low temps

We ended up working at home today. Started in, but a combination of snow squalls, ugly roads, and blowing snow led my wife to turn around and come back. Discretion, valor, that sort of thing.

Still going to end up going out later because of the hockey game. But there will likely be pizza and nachos involved.

You bunch of sissys. At my house in MN it's -27 right now with a 10 MPH wind. That's about a -50 "feels like" temp. School's closed and if you go outside you're insane. Oh, and that's also why I'm in NC!
Beat us by 2...-25, -48 wind chill

We're looking at some extreme weather in Phoenix, too. It might rain Sunday.

77X8PbL.png

-21 when I took the dogs out at 6:00. Weatherman said -50 to -60 wind chill. The pups were happy I had a tub of Mushers Wax for their paws!
Wish I had known about that stuff. Will order some.

Gush - it was -24 this morning at 730 here in the QCA. Currently it is neg 14 and neg 37 after wind chill.

On the plus side, my commute was easy as I don't have to leave the house. My wife on the other hand had to drive to the other side of the river to East Moline at 630 this morning. I feel bad for my dog.....he won't leave the patio before coming back in. 2-3 minutes out at best.

Rough few weeks!

Wish I had known about that stuff. Will order some.

You'll be happy with it, and so will your pooch. I found it 2 winters ago, and have used it when the temps get below 10, or there is a lot of salt out. One of my pups is bothered by the salt/snow and she'll stop and lift her paws until I can rub them. Not a hint of that with the Mushers Wax on. Not even this morning.

Gush - it was -24 this morning at 730 here in the QCA. Currently it is neg 14 and neg 37 after wind chill.

On the plus side, my commute was easy as I don't have to leave the house. My wife on the other hand had to drive to the other side of the river to East Moline at 630 this morning. I feel bad for my dog.....he won't leave the patio before coming back in. 2-3 minutes out at best.

Rough few weeks!

My commute was down two flights of steps, just like every day. The wife works for the local natural gas company, and they were nice enough to tell everyone but "essential personnel" to work from home today. Downside, I didn't get my secret nap in, like I do when she's not here!

Nothing a Cabernet hot chocolate won’t fix though.
Just in case it isn’t obvious:
Heat some red wine in a pot (I use Cabernet Sauvignon) - toss in some mulling spice if you want. I often add cranberries and a cinnamon stick.
Steam some milk - or use a pot if you’re primitive and don’t have steaming capabilities.
Use the wine to dissolve hot chocolate powder.
Mix in the hot milk - saving foam for the top.
A sprinkle of chocolate shavings might get you...

It looks like we'll be just south of the really cold temps. We are supposed to get down to the teens tonight, which is too cold by my standards.

We're not getting the worst of it. Looks like it'll be -1 when we walk from the parking garage to the hockey game tonight (without the wind chill - and there's a nasty wind along that walk almost all the time). My son won't wear a heavy coat, so he'll be walking in a hockey jersey and maybe a long sleeve shirt underneath. Me? I'll be wearing the same thing.

31WRB6AJSGL.jpg

Back