Low temps

For all of you that live in cold weather climates during the winter, it looks like the worst is over! In my neck of the woods (Southern Ca.), you had better like rain because that's all it has been doing here since last Thursday (& I am not complaining - we need it)
Totally need it... except for any potential mudslide activity in the burn zones.:(

Reactions: CVS
Day 2 of severe ice in West MI - as if the polar vortex wasn’t enough, the perfect storm of rain and temps fluctuating right around freezing has caused freezing rain that has been accumulating hour by hour on the trees, with hundreds of power outages due to fallen branches. I pulled up at my office Wednesday morning just in time to see the transformer blow. Lost it at home this morning at about 11am. Currently mid 30’s, but expected to drop to the teens tonight with continuous precipitation that will likely be a lesson in the states of matter.

I should’ve gone on vacation.

Inch of rain in the Chi-town area between yesterday and today. It was 41 this afternoon. My weather station says 18 currently. Going down to single digits tonight. The 47 mph wind guts bite a$$. Negative 25 wind chill in the AM, and a high of 14 for Friday. Forecast of 1 for Friday night, and back into the 20s Saturday. Mid 30s most of next week.

We went from 13 in the peek of the Vortex to 73 yesterday. That's just bizarre...:confused:

We're just getting winter in the northwest. Got our first real snow Monday, and solidly below freezing temperatures (9 degrees F on the way in to work today, but thankfully no wind). Think we're going to get walloped with historical amounts of snow in the next few days.

We're just getting winter in the northwest. Got our first real snow Monday, and solidly below freezing temperatures (9 degrees F on the way in to work today, but thankfully no wind). Think we're going to get walloped with historical amounts of snow in the next few days.
Supposed to get the wind tomorrow night too. A Nor’wester? :)

Earlier today, the temps were hovering around 40°, but have cooled to just above freezing. It was raining ever so slightly outside and I could hear the water dripping onto the window sill out front. 5 minutes later, no sound, so the rain must be letting up. Friday will be cooler, mid-30s, and Saturday in the upper 20s. Next week we've got a major low coming through Tuesday that will bring some snow back to our region. Sunday through Monday kind of a mixed bag, overcast, lake effect clippers, perhaps some icing. We'll see and wait it out.

Back