Low temps

When Ilived at 9200’ in Colorado, we had two seasons: July, and Winter!

Cold but dry.

Out here on the left coast when it gets down below 40 degrees but humid it’s like a micro-wave oven in reverse: the cold bounces off your bones!

“...Coldest Winter I ever spent was Summer in San Francisco!...”
-Mark Twain

Gush - it was -24 this morning at 730 here in the QCA. Currently it is neg 14 and neg 37 after wind chill.

On the plus side, my commute was easy as I don't have to leave the house. My wife on the other hand had to drive to the other side of the river to East Moline at 630 this morning. I feel bad for my dog.....he won't leave the patio before coming back in. 2-3 minutes out at best.

Rough few weeks!
I didn't check any real numbers in my area but it was simular to your area. Freaking cold!!!!

We ended up working at home today. Started in, but a combination of snow squalls, ugly roads, and blowing snow led my wife to turn around and come back. Discretion, valor, that sort of thing.

Still going to end up going out later because of the hockey game. But there will likely be pizza and nachos involved.
I hear you can stay home with the wife and still watch the hockey game. ;)

Looks like my wife has to go to the Deerfield office to process some 1099’s so my nap may be on again!

My commute was down two flights of steps, just like every day. The wife works for the local natural gas company, and they were nice enough to tell everyone but "essential personnel" to work from home today. Downside, I didn't get my secret nap in, like I do when she's not here!

You guys are killing me! Just take a nap in your office, with the door closed and the "in a meeting" sign on the door, like everyone else!

You guys are killing me! Just take a nap in your office, with the door closed and the "in a meeting" sign on the door, like everyone else!

Dude, we're talking new world of work at my company. Open floor plan. No cubes. No offices. No naps. Which means bodia ain't goin' anywhere near the office!

My shrubs out front are looking a bit cold, other than that, cleaned the car off this morning, got in, started her up (after a few cautious cranks of the engine) and no anxiety here. Temps are currently 25℉ (in the sunshine) with little to no breeze. Was frankly worried last night that this morning's temps would be too cold for my car's engine to start. Not a problem, actually.

When Ilived at 9200’ in Colorado, we had two seasons: July, and Winter!

Cold but dry.

Out here on the left coast when it gets down below 40 degrees but humid it’s like a micro-wave oven in reverse: the cold bounces off your bones!

“...Coldest Winter I ever spent was Summer in San Francisco!...”
-Mark Twain

My wife and I went to Rome once and the daily temperature was around 50F, I froze my azz off.

Was sitting in my room last night playing the video I had chosen, and realized that the thermostat could use a bump upwards. Much better. T'was cold outside, but indoors was manageably warm.

Dude, we're talking new world of work at my company. Open floor plan. No cubes. No offices. No naps. Which means bodia ain't goin' anywhere near the office!
Times are tough. I didn't think I was that big of a deal, but my 12x12 with locking door and a high back leather chair doesn't sound so bad any more. Now if you'll excuse me, it's lunch and "reflection time."

So it’s been in the low 40’s the past couple days. 45 for tomorrow. Polar vortex back to global warming. My pup and I have enjoyed some long walks. Of course he feels the need to walk in the sloppiest, muddiest places. It’s been a nice break. We’ll dip back to the 20’s after that. Even the 20’s don’t seem half bad this time of year.

It hit 61 yesterday, so we had a 90 degree swing in just a couple days from the wind chill factor Wednesday to the temp yesterday. And, it's 60 degrees now.

I know Alan has been looking forward to this, so it just might be a Speedo day today!

For all of you that live in cold weather climates during the winter, it looks like the worst is over! In my neck of the woods (Southern Ca.), you had better like rain because that's all it has been doing here since last Thursday (& I am not complaining - we need it)

Back