Low temps

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Just a friendly reminder to take extra precautions for the next few days if you live where it is cold.

In SE Iowa we are supposed to get -30 to -50 windchill temps by Wednesday. YIKES

I may stay home Tues weds and crank an amp.

Northeast (New England) temps Thursday will hover around 10℉ with windchills of -20 to -25℉. We're supposed to receive only a little snow Tuesday evening/overnight, that will switch over to a wintry mix Wednesday.

Will need to warm up the car Thursday early to avoid a call to AAA later in the day. On the other hand, if the car won't start and AAA is more than 3 hours backlogged, it might be possible to keep warm at home (no fireplace, rats!) but might plan on a good batch of EDIT: unintentional colossal media fodder. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You just have to have fun with this kind of misery.

Here's something you can do. I played this prank on my wife last winter. Send your significant other out to get the paper/mail/whatever. Then lock the door and wait. They'll rattle the knob a couple times, then start pounding and yelling. This is the kind of tricky part - you have to pay attention and treat it like microwave popcorn. Listen until there's only one now-feeble knock or semi-whispered shout. Then, fling open the door and greet them with a nice oversized coffee mug and say, "Hot chocolate?" The anger will leave their eyes and they'll look at you with gratitude in their eyes, grab the mug with both numb hands and take a big drink. This is when they find out you've filled the mug with ice water.

It gets a little hazy after that.

Back