Let's see your gray PRS....

stratlanta

How do brushstroke birds fly?
Shortish version..... After avoiding them for some time, I finally "discovered" PRS a few years ago and was immediately smitten. After many years of other brands, I fell in love with the quality, consistency and playability of PRS.

A little over a year ago though, I went deep into the world of classical guitar and sold a significant number of electrics to fund some nice classicals. Well now I'm back to electric and trying to build the stable back up again.

With that said, I swear this wasn't intentional but I realized recently that I have developed a bit of an obsession for gray PRSi. It's weird - I'm not sure I've ever owned a gray guitar before. Not that I can remember anyway. It's really interesting to see the variation in tones in these guitars - one is officially "frostbite" but still it's a gray tone. Oh yeah, and my Sandstorm PS from a couple of years ago... ;-)

Would love to see your gray guitars!

i-tBd7bWt-L.jpg

Last edited:
Does a WL 594 Satin Charcoal count?

It looks like we have closely related siblings! I was reading through your NGD post for this guitar and noticed you said it rang like a bell. I don’t know if it’s the satin finish or what but my 594 is easily the most resonant guitar I’ve played and it really struck me the very first time I played it. Glad to know someone else had the same experience as me.

Shortish version..... After avoiding them for some time, I finally "discovered" PRS a few years ago and was immediately smitten. After many years of other brands, I fell in love with the quality, consistency and playability of PRS.

A little over a year ago though, I went deep into the world of classical guitar and sold a significant number of electrics to fund some nice classicals. Well now I'm back to electric and trying to build the stable back up again.

With that said, I swear this wasn't intentional but I realized recently that I have developed a bit of an obsession for gray PRSi. It's weird - I'm not sure I've ever owned a gray guitar before. Not that I can remember anyway. It's really interesting to see the variation in tones in these guitars - one is officially "frostbite" but still it's a gray tone. Oh yeah, and my Sandstorm PS from a couple of years ago... ;-)

Would love to see your gray guitars!

i-tBd7bWt-L.jpg

Stellar collection!

It looks like we have closely related siblings! I was reading through your NGD post for this guitar and noticed you said it rang like a bell. I don’t know if it’s the satin finish or what but my 594 is easily the most resonant guitar I’ve played and it really struck me the very first time I played it. Glad to know someone else had the same experience as me.
Yeah, not sure what the magic is, but the sum of the parts is fantastic!

Back