Possible new PRS owner?

Perfectly servicible guitars, the new ones are a lot nicer, but more like 3 times what he wants.

Although I seem to remember those being around $400 new. Guys, is my memory wrong?

Also, I think you have to go back to like 2008 for completely flat top SEs? Maybe it's 20th anneversary instead of 30th? Is it really completely flat or is there a bit of a curve to it?

Did some digging, that guitar is probably a 2010, that's the 25th anniversary.

As for the price? Uhh, I'm more likely to spend 3000 on a used guitar than 300, so I am not the person to make that judgement call.

It's a flat top 25th. Biggest difference is some finish options. If you like it, grab it, $300. My 30th se is easily the best se I've played. It's modded to heck, but stock it was still a winner. The 30th has a beveled top vs the flat top. The beveled is my favorite se carve, even over the newly released shallow shallow violin carve.

The Korean years are my favorite se. The priority was a solid guitar for a good price.

It's a flat top 25th. Biggest difference is some finish options. If you like it, grab it, $300. My 30th se is easily the best se I've played. It's modded to heck, but stock it was still a winner. The 30th has a beveled top vs the flat top. The beveled is my favorite se carve, even over the newly released shallow shallow violin carve.

The Korean years are my favorite se. The priority was a solid guitar for a good price.
Thank you. I think I'll get it from him. Use it till the DGT comes in.

It is a completely flat top 25th Anniversary in blue.

Sorry, I found it online. Seems like a nice guitar. What do you guys think?

If it's a 2014 (it's got Birds on the fretboard?), for $300 CDN, then If it's in good shape it's a no-brainer, imho... I'd buy it just to play around with it and then flip it for a couple hundred bucks when I got bored... But condition, age, etc. all play into it... Not much risk for the price though; a core Custom 24 runs around $5K+ new in Canada now...

I've owed an Ibanez, Yamaha and and LP Studio. Sold/traded them all. Stopped playing for a few years after I bought a house that needed renovation three years ago. Been to busy to play.

I want to start playing again. Looked on YouTube and saw PRS has released a guitar called the se dgt. Comes in a gold top and a light burst color. I like the look of the burst and reviewers really seem to like it.

What do you all think of this electric?

I got an SE DGT earlier this year. I think it’s a fantastic guitar. After I got it I hardly picked up my old Les Paul. I prefer the tone, weight, and ergonomics of the DGT. One of my favorite things about the DGT is the wide variety of sounds I can get from it. I can get it to sound like a Les Paul or more like a single coil guitar by engaging the coil tap. There’s very little difference in volume between the full humbucker and coil-tapped pickup on the DGT. The tremolo on the guitar is excellent. I think it’s a big improvement over the tremolo on my Stratocaster. Please post when you get the guitar and let us know what you think. And it didn’t happen unless you post a picture!

Here’s a picture of my DGT:

Last edited:
Congrats On Your New Guitar! Start Thinking About Your Private Stock Build Soon So You Can Get That In And While It Is Being Built You Can Pick Out A Nice Core Model Or Five To Grow Your Collection. :)

Back