NGD: Back to all PRS Guitars...SE Hollowbody II

DogPhishHead

I bought an Ibanez Scofield that I never bounded with last fall. My local shop posted this sweetie last week. Charcoal Burst SE Hollowbody II that the previous owner had the N Stuff Music luthier install a pair of CORE 58/15LT (hybrid hardware version) with core push pull pots & new switchcraft jack. I traded the Scofield and a few never used pedals for this sweetheart. Typical PRS perfection and the ten minutes in the shop this morning noodling on it...I'm digging the tones. Nice that it has the taps on the individual pots, got some unique sounds. Yes, I had black lampshade knobs added at the shop while they were doing a quick cleaning on it. Tonight I'll do a fret polish and fresh strings.
Perhaps SE locking tuners in the future.

So if you're counting...four PRS guitars in my stable...2009 Smokeburst McCarty core, S2 594 Singlecut, SE Silver Sky & this gal:

tb1kxn1.jpg

upfJzu3.jpg

Last edited:
I bought an Ibanez Scofield that I never bounded with last fall. My local shop posted this sweetie last week. Charcoal Burst SE Hollowbody II that the previous owner had the N Stuff Music luthier install a pair of CORE 58/15LT (hybrid hardware version) with core push pull pots & new switchcraft jack. I traded the Scofield and a few never used pedals for this sweetheart. Typical PRS perfection and the ten minutes in the shop this morning noodling on it...I'm digging the tones. Nice that it has the taps on the individual pots, got some unique sounds. Yes, I had black lampshade knobs added at the shop while they were doing a quick cleaning on it. Tonight I'll do a fret polish and fresh strings.
Perhaps SE locking tuners in the future.

So if you're counting...four PRS guitars in my stable...2009 Smokeburst McCarty core, S2 594 Singlecut, SE Silver Sky & this gal:

tb1kxn1.jpg

upfJzu3.jpg
Nice

Awesome guitar, congrats!

And funny you mention swapping pickups and adding coil splitting, I am considering doing exactly this with an SE HBII. Deciding between a standard HBII and the Piezo. Is it equally possible to do that mod on a piezo, or does the addition of the piezo preclude coil splitting electronics?

Awesome guitar, congrats!

And funny you mention swapping pickups and adding coil splitting, I am considering doing exactly this with an SE HBII. Deciding between a standard HBII and the Piezo. Is it equally possible to do that mod on a piezo, or does the addition of the piezo preclude coil splitting electronics?
Magnetic pickups are totally independent of the piezo, you can split the humbuckers.

Back