Least Favourite finish?

I peeked at the sold CE-24s on Reverb. If it is the one I think it is, you will grow to like it. I have had a couple of PRS guitars with the wrap finish. I thought I wouldn't like them as much, but once I had them and imagined how they would look with the natural binding, I realized that PRS knows a thing or two about design and that the guitars wouldn't actually look as good with the binding.

The fact you didn't even notice on pictures is a good hint that it may not matter much to you either once you get the guitar, crossing fingers for you.

I wasn't into the wrap finish at first either. Now I don't even care, and even find that some of the darker finishes look much better with the painted edges than without:

u6VPmsI.jpg

F81zy6C.jpg

You guys are pretty cool. Sometimes I need talked off the ledge. I will do a NGD post when I get it regardless if I like it or not. I will give my honest first impressions. I have one other PRS. Its a SE Custom 24 with the Floyd. It’s my second favorite guitar I have only behind the Richie Kotzen Tele

You guys are pretty cool. Sometimes I need talked off the ledge. I will do a NGD post when I get it regardless if I like it or not. I will give my honest first impressions. I have one other PRS. Its a SE Custom 24 with the Floyd. It’s my second favorite guitar I have only behind the Richie Kotzen Tele
I’ve always hoped to cross paths with one of those SE C24 Floyds, but never have. I always thought that could be my first SE. Still haven’t ever seen one to try though.

This is my 594 Soapbar with Black Gold wrap finish. The reason the photo is so well shot is that the guitar was one of three featured on the PRS website for the product introduction. It’s my least fancy guitar, but I absolutely love it.

TtHSCxL.jpg

This one’s the 594 I traded in for one of the McCarty Trem Wood Library guitars. It’s lovely, too, and I didn’t trade it due to the finish, I just had a hankering for the McTrem. But I prefer the wrap finish on the Soapy. Some finishes just look more coherent to me with the wrap.

QEYc8vs.jpg

Back