Least Favourite finish?

Andy80

So many beauty finishes in the PRS lineup, but is there one/ones that you just don't like?

For me I dislike most greens, especially Trampas green, my least favorite for sure. Also not a big fan of aquamarine.

Hmmmm, there's a few, but here are the main....

Charcoal Cherry Burst
Trampas Green (even though I have a guitar that color)
Black Gold

and pretty much every wrap-around finish.

That's easy - anything BLUE and I don't like the dirty looking Trampus Green either. I don't like wraps or any colour that tends to mean the back and neck are painted in an opaque colour so that the beauty of the wood is hidden from view. I don't like opaque finishes at all so don't like Gold Tops or Antique White (Why cover over the natural beauty of the Maple??). I know I am picky but I couldn't care less if people think I am too Picky. If I am spending my money (and especially PRS prices), it must be in a colour I want

Black. I've had too many black guitars down the years. It just perversely worked out that the best guitars I happened across were... yep! always black.

PRS: I dont like the orangy yellow finish on my SE C24. Its a superb player with exquisite tone, that just happens to look nauseating. But at least its easy to tell from the black ones.

I dont like the very "rainbow" looking multi-color fades. Too busy and distracting (to me!).

The only PRS finish I don’t like is a shoddily executed dragons breath on a non-PRS guitar. It’s a cheap, way late attempt at being exceptional, especially when you’re anything but.

Eriza Verde - because it’s tied to an uncontrollable desire to have a margarita and nachos which is bad for my chronic migraine condition :):rolleyes:

I’m in the ‘prefer to see the wood grain pop’ camp on colors. For opaque finishes, I’m not too wild about the crackle ones or the multi-color foil.

While I like most stuff I see....bursts, fades, faded (like Sergio said, on a good top), solid colors, metallic...I'd have to say Trampas Green is probably the one I see the most of in which it doesn't catch my eye. It also seems to be one that varies the most in color vibrancy.

I also don't care for blue backs. Really, I think I'd always just rather have a natural back.

Last edited:
Eriza Verde - because it’s tied to an uncontrollable desire to have a margarita and nachos which is bad for my chronic migraine condition :):rolleyes:

I’m in the ‘prefer to see the wood grain pop’ camp on colors. For opaque finishes, I’m not too wild about the crackle ones or the multi-color foil.

Eriza Verde is my favorite color, although I don’t currently own one, I am looking for one now. Hopefully modern science will fix your migraines so you too can enjoy the beauty that is Eriza Verde.

I don't like trampas green. I really want to because they're everywhere, but I can't. I'm also not a fan of the red with gray center... Fire burst or something. Feels unfinished or something.

I don't like trampas green. I really want to because they're everywhere, but I can't. I'm also not a fan of the red with gray center... Fire burst or something. Feels unfinished or something.
It’s called Charcoal Cherry Burst

Black. I've had too many black guitars down the years. It just perversely worked out that the best guitars I happened across were... yep! always black.

PRS: I dont like the orangy yellow finish on my SE C24. Its a superb player with exquisite tone, that just happens to look nauseating. But at least its easy to tell from the black ones.
Kudos for buying what felt/sounded right! Deserves the Boogie non-creepy-uncle’s-pat-on-the-back for being brave enough to admit that here.

Back