Is your non-PS PRS one of a kind?

These all are/were one of a kind as far as I know. Headstock pics only as the guitars themselves don't look all that unique.

026_zpsepk6j8jj.jpg

Proto008.jpg

MiraX006.jpg

I should add that the last picture is a 22 fret Mira. Basically what would become the Mira X.

I got nothing although I would like to think my CE 22 is a little special. In the bass pickup cavity, the markings show CE 22- and it is blacked out where the color would be marked. Instead above it the letters CS are marked for Cherry Sunburst. I can see why they did not want to use a paint over this top. In the right light, it has a very soft flame but the binding is really flame. Very vintage looking without being over the top and that is why it is my favorite guitar so just stare at. And it is a great player to boot!

I have a singlecut trem that was built for Ralph Petrucci. It has a white korina body with a white korina neck. I have owned a number of singlecut trems, but have never seen another one built like this one. It has 12 non production features on it. If anyone is interested in seeing it, I'll try to post pictures when I get home.

Picked up a few unusual ones over the years, though none of them jump out and hit you over the head with their uniqueness.

'01 Singlecut in Emerald, the unusual part being that it has a green back, rather than black. I'm told that's rare:

prs02.png

20th Anniversary Cu22 in Raspberry, which was not one of the available colors. The "angel step" figuring is pretty cool:

prs05.png

raspberry_body_grain_2.jpg

Finally a quilted '14 Paul's Guitar with trem and what we now know as Artist birds rather than brushstrokes:

ready.png

You know, guys, it occurs to me that since guitars are made of wood, and no two pieces of wood are identical, everyone who has a PRS has something unique and special.

Although I posted earlier in the thread that not even my PS guitars are one-offs (except maybe my Tonare Grande), the truth is that no two guitars feel or sound exactly alike.

That's why we love them. :)

Back