Is your non-PS PRS one of a kind?

LJD

Considering the artist package, dealers special orders, one piece tops, discontinued models and colors... there have to be a lot of one of a kind PRS (that aren't private stock) out there. For instance, the Amber Black finish wasn't offered for very long and I haven't found another HBII in that color, let alone one with ebony board and rosewood neck and 53/10s. I couldn't even get this exact guitar re-made outside of Private Stock. (finish, 53/10s, neck binding not even offered on HBII anymore)

I have a 1/500 CU24 and my Artist Package SC245 is probably a 1 of a kind with the macassar ebony board.

Considering the artist package, dealers special orders, one piece tops, discontinued models and colors... there have to be a lot of one of a kind PRS (that aren't private stock) out there. For instance, the Amber Black finish wasn't offered for very long and I haven't found another HBII in that color, let alone one with ebony board and rosewood neck and 53/10s. I couldn't even get this exact guitar re-made outside of Private Stock. (finish, 53/10s, neck binding not even offered on HBII anymore)
That's a sweet HBII

Do PTC mods count? If so, my 24/7 with Benedetto B-7 pickups in both neck and bridge and a USA nut is unique.

I have one that was made for PRSH, if that is a one off then yes. Other than that, stock models.

Yeah, PTC mods OK?
My HBII was from 2000 and they weren't putting them out in charcoal burst much at that time, plus it has moons instead of birds.

My 30th custom 24 is a wood library run (one of six) with a raw birdseye maple neck and an African blackwood fingerboard, in a quilt 10-top. Mine is the only one of the bunch in blood orange. Does that count?

My P-22 is a stock regular run 10-top, but in a "sprayer's choice" faded-blue-emerald-burst paint scheme. I've not seen another P-22 that color. Does that count?

Reactions: LJD
My 2013 Pauls is a wood library spec'ed by Music Store Live with IRW neck topped with BRW fretboard on an all Mahogany body with McCarty Tobacco Burst finish. I am pretty sure there's not another like it.
2cb67eb0-dd3e-4f25-a05b-3c01159684f3_zpsf4lk7oz9.jpg

My 30th custom 24 is a wood library run (one of six) with a raw birdseye maple neck and an African blackwood fingerboard, in a quilt 10-top. Mine is the only one of the bunch in blood orange. Does that count?

And I have its equally-attractive sister in Honey... :D

I've got a Mira 245 in frost blue metallic... I don't believe there are any others and you can count the number of opaque-coloured Mira 245s on less than one hand I think (I've seen a couple white ones) - most are trans-coloured of some description (there were no opaque finishes on the official colour chart).

I also have an S2 Vela in charcoal satin nitro finish with bird inlays. There are two others out there with dots, but mine was the only one built with the birds. They were prototypes done early this year but PRS for whatever reason elected not to put them into production. PRS sold all the satin prototype S2s to The Guitar Store in Seattle so I snagged it.

I have a 1957/2008 SC245. Not so unique in and of itself, but it has push-pull for single-coil mode, which that model wasn't supposed to have. I'd heard that a "few" left the factory that way. This was one of 'em.

I'd like to think all of mine are, can't say there'd be too many of these:

-DC3 PTC modded with a triple pack of Narrow 408s
-Santana Proto "mini-hum" with a triple pack of Narrowfields in custom wooden covers, and a 1980-spec unplated MannMade Vibrato
-DC22 original run, covered 53/10 neck, covered 59/09 bridge, MannMade 2300 adjustable stop tail
-SAS Narrowfield with a triple pack of uncovered \m/s
-S2 Mira Semi-hollow with uncovered 53/10s and a Narrowfield in the middle, siggy switching
-SE EG totally neglected with zero hardware... I really need to finish this project!

My black CU22 is probably the only one with a rotary compatible DGT bridge pickup (rotary still installed).
My silver 2nd gen Santana SE is probably the only one with a Merril's Marauders sticker on it.

Back