Introduce yourself!

New member here .

Happy to be a member , I m a bassist that has also a guitar , A Prestige Ibanez with Seymour Duncan PUs that still to be installed ...lol

A really love PRS Guitars , might have one one day . A Custom 22 or 24 / a tremolo .

Here to learn about PRS s in general .

Wow, Todd...good to have you here...you and I have a lot in common. Kids, PRS guitars, and Rush. None better in my eyes, either. you'll see Alex's name pop up only occasionally, likely because he's using all Les Paul's now, but if he goes back to favoring PRS guitars, he'd be all over the place!!! welcome aboard!!

Thanks Bill! Although as of this today I am now down to ONE teenager...(no I didnt kill her but it has crossed m...NEVER MIND ;-)
My oldest just turned 20. God STILL help me!

And yes Alex Lifeson is my Guitar GOD! BLAH BLAH!
:adore:

Hi all.,
My name is Simon and I live in a small village just outside of London. I have a wife and twin boys, currently aged 4.
I've been playing guitar for about 20 years and my current set up is a Fender Tele with a Fender Hot rod Deluxe and a few pedals.

Having been a mad follower in my teens of Guns N Roses, Led Zep and Aerosmith I always wanted to own, you guessed it, A Gibson LP.
Well finally now I've paid for the wedding, the new house, the kids, I finally managed to save a few pounds ready to purchase a new Gibson LP.
It was the guitar I've always dreamed of owning. Just to get that tone of the Sweet Child O mine, Estranged with that great sustain, I was set on buying one, all I had to do was try and few and settle on a nice top and I would be so happy.

On the run up to visiting some guitar shops I started going mad on youtube and watched all the vids on Paul Reed Smith and his private stock and watching his factory tours. I've never played a PRS and I felt I had no need to, I only wanted a LP, but these vids were really capturing my attention and I was extremely impressed with Paul himself and his quality control and search for perfection.

Well I went into the store called Guitar Guitar in Epsom who were extremely helpful and I began playing the new 2013 Standard and Traditional, I preferred the Traditional and enjoyed those tones as I explained earlier.
I then spoke to the salesman and said I had never played a PRS and could I try one. He handed me a delicious looking Custom 22 with trem in Fire Red with the HFS/Vintage Bass pups and a wide thin neck.

I didn't even plug her in, I looked her all over then gave her a good feel before the lead went in.
I began to play on the clean channel and I was immediately taken in by the sound that come out coupled with the playability. I played the bladed pickup selector and adored position 3 and 5. Also never being a Trem guy I was again blown away by the control on the trem, give it a little and it went into Chorus tone, omg, i was blown away. I then hit the room with some high gain and the girl was on fire,. I was playing better than I was on the LP, in fact I was playing with so much ease and utter enjoyment,. I began hurling out some licks with the biggest grin in the world, I couldnt stop playing, every lick, every note was how it should be, I fell in love.

I picked up the Les Paul but it didn't feel right now, Yes it had that tone I always wanted and craved but it didn't have the rest that the PRS did.
I put the LP down and once I had the PRS back in my hand it just was so right. I started playing all styles of music and the PRS was a joy to play. The salesman returned but I didn't want to stop, lol.

I wanted to try the Custom 24 and the 57/08 pup option but didn't quite have the time.

Was this MY guitar, the one? or are all PRS guitars this good?
I like the Whale blue colour but to be honest, I kinda just fell in love with the Fire Red one I had just played., I almost dont feel the need to play another one, she felt and sounded perfect.

Anyways thanks for reading if you got this far, lol.
Sadly I am working flat out til next Monday so no chance on testing any more guitars unless I just put a deposit on the Girl thats on fire:)

Regards all and happy playing
Simon.

Howdy, everybody

James here. Been playing/writing/performing for many years. Currently back in Texas (after ten years in New England) and performing with my band Soul Shaker.

I have a Sweet 16 (Rev C) which I just picked up and which I plan to add to my multi-amp live setup (there was one locally that I played and it sounded great, and fortuitously a used one at a very good price popped up).

Here are a couple recent demos I did for the band so you get an idea of what we do:
https://soundcloud.com/voodoo-chile-1/little-queen-c-2013
https://soundcloud.com/voodoo-chile-1/rolling-stones-c-2013

Anyway, I'm looking forward to lurking, sharing, reading ... what pops up here at PRS Forum.

Regards,

James

Hi all.,
......I couldnt stop playing, every lick, every note was how it should be, I fell in love......I picked up the Les Paul but it didn't feel right now, ......it didn't have the rest that the PRS did.....once I had the PRS back in my hand it just was so right......Was this MY guitar, the one? or are all PRS guitars this good? ........ I kinda just fell in love with the Fire Red one I had just played., I almost dont feel the need to play another one, she felt and sounded perfect. Simon.
. Simon, I am a great believer in 'MOJO'. Go get that guitar and join us in Nirvana :rock::rock::rock:

Ok cool , but PRS made or will remake Basses also fella . It s also one of the reasons why I m here . I mean I love the PRS guitars too , a friend of mine has 2 great ones .

Newbie from Michigan here.....I'm a local metal musician and guitar and amp nut. The only thing PRS I have is a set of pickup's from an SE Custom 24 7-string I'm installing in a new home-build from a luthier kit. Nice to be here :)

Hi, just joined. I'm a PRS dealer and hold one of the largest stocks in the UK. Just been over for the Experience - wow. 2nd time I've been and thoroughly enjoyed it. Order a limited run for our shop and some Private Stock... We've just had Bernie Marsden at the shop and doing a private concert for us and Paul is coming over next month to pay us a visit - Happy Days!

Tim

Hello all, Hanky here. I was a member some years ago and finally made it back. I have a limited edition 2008 1 of 100 jet white and gold SC245 I would love to learn more about if anyone has any info. I also have an artist package studio being built as we speak. Glad to be back in the fold.
Hanky

Back