Introduce yourself!

Hello Everybody !..I was looking for Birds and Moons and was detoured here lol !!..anyway Im Carlton..Looking forward talking to you all ! and Tone Chasing !..may the Wood be with you... Thanks !

Hello everyone, Name is Adam... or Dutch, or Mezzio, take your pick. Recently I decided I wanted to start playing again, and after a little research (and a stroke of luck finding my new baby), picked up an SE Custom 24. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I've retained over the last 6 years or so of not playing, and I really do think the guitar itself has helped out some, everything just feel's right on it. I've picked up dozens of random guitars over the years just to see if I could still remember some stuff, but they always felt "cramped" and wrong for me.

I owned a PRS SE for a few years and all it did me was convince me that I need an American PRS. I came here to learn more. I am thinking of trying to get a used American PRS in the next year or so (I am an American expat working abroad) and wanted to learn more about what I need to look for next time I am in the US.

Hello to everyone here. I just got my first Paul Reed Smith guitar a couple of days ago. After looking at so many different ones I finally settled on a 2001 Single Cut, not sure what color they call it but it looks like an amber burst and #7 treble and bass pickups. Absolutely love the guitar, just so happens after I got it home I was looking at the hang tag with all the info and this guitar was made on my birthday, I couldn't believe it. Just to top it off I was born in Maryland, so I guess this guitar was meant for me. Well enough gushing about the little things and being a bit cheesy. Happy to have made my purchase and found this website.

Last edited:
So far SE, hopefully, CE22!!

Hey! I'm new to this forum and fairly new to playing guitar. I started playing about 7 yrs ago as a way to adjust to a life that was totally turned upside-down by some non-typical life circumstances! I love to play around 11p or later after my son is asleep and find it's a great way to decompress - no matter how bad I sound!

Bought a PRS SE Semi-hollowbody a few years back and absolutely loved the quality of PRS' overseas product. I've been saving for a while and am hopeful to get a '96 PRS CE 22 that appears to be in outstanding shape!

Just love the way the PRS plays and feels and the looks are second to none!! Looking forward to this forum too!

Salvy24

New Form Member

Hi all, my name is Kim and I am new to the boards. I have been a PRS Fan for many years, and yesterday I purchased a new 2012 PRS Custom 24 in Jade Green (maybe Ezira Verde?) from Guitar Center in Kirkland WA (Thanks Dave!). It has a solid rosewood neck, and I can't seem to put this beautiful guitar down. Presently, have 14 guitars in the closet, and am working on downsizing my collection. I currently have (2) PRS Guitars, the new Custom 24 and a beautiful PRS Mira in Vintage Cherry. My previous PRS guitars are as follows; Black & Gold PRS CE22, 2007 PRS Experience in Champagne, (1 of 50 in that color, still kicking myself for selling this one), PRS Mira in Frost Blue Metallic, and finally a PRS SE 245 which I returned for the Custom 24. I am still hunting for a PRS EG3 with the Fralin Domino pickups. I know this is an older PRS, but I really like the way they look. Anyway, I look forward to lurking on the forums! Thanks,

Hi, my name is Marcel. Yesterday I bought a PRS Mira Orange and I love it!! :) Great guitar!

I am an amateur musician and my main instrument is piano/keys. Recently I started playing guitar again for the first time in 35 years. So I bought a Squier Affinity Strat HSS some months ago. Lately the Squier felt not as a good guitar.

So I bought the Mira, which is really a beautiful instrument! I have a Pod HD500X and the logical step was to buy a Line 6 JTV guitar cause the two integrate very well. But I decided not to do that. I am very happy with that decision! For me the Mira is a lot money, but it is very well spend! Outstanding quality.

Hi, my name is Marcel. Yesterday I bought a PRS Mira Orange and I love it!! :) Great guitar!

I am an amateur musician and my main instrument is piano/keys. Recently I started playing guitar again for the first time in 35 years. So I bought a Squier Affinity Strat HSS some months ago. Lately the Squier felt not as a good guitar.

So I bought the Mira, which is really a beautiful instrument! I have a Pod HD500X and the logical step was to buy a Line 6 JTV guitar cause the two integrate very well. But I decided not to do that. I am very happy with that decision! For me the Mira is a lot money, but it is very well spend! Outstanding quality.

The Mira is a great guitar! Welcome!

It's a pleasure to be here. I played a little until I was 19, and cut my pinky finger off. Doc put it back on, minus a knuckle, and a bit shorter. I didn't pick up a guitar for more than 30 years, mostly because it hurt like hell to touch anything with it for about 5 years. I finally decided playing might be a good way to keep the finger exercised.

Went to my local GC to find something that felt right, and ended up walking out with a Tremonti SE. I immediately realized how much I had enjoyed playing!

I now now have a beautiful PRS African Queen, and a Modern Eagle Quatro in Matteo Mist. I don't know how Django did it, but I'm happy to be giving it a try!

Last edited:
Great story...I wish you luck in your quest to join the the ranks of famous missing/injured finger musicians.....
Tony, Jerry, Django, Dr John and Hound Dog.

Hello everybody, i am new on a forum also a new guitar player, probably a PRS owner in couple of months
I live in Paris, and i am 32 years old.
I would like to say this is great place to find precious informations et advices on PRS univers, so guyz go on like this you are awsome!

Mike here. Been playing Les Pauls and variations of said guitar since the late 70's. Just got my first PRS when my wife bought me a new Mira for my birthday, what a great gift.

Hello All
New to this Forum stuff.
I played on the road for approx. 7 or 8 years and sold all my gear. Kept my Fender Esquire (added 1956 tele neck pick up and centre stack humbucker with coil tap and fishman bridge along with hip shot D tuner). Started playing with a group recently and bought a nice tube amp but went out today and bought a PRS S2 Mira. Wow am I blown away with this Axe. Very, very versatile guitar and has a sweetness to it. I would hate to take a $4000 guitar out on a gig, but this unit sounds and feels like one.
Great Job PRS!!!!

Last edited:
Hello All
New to this Forum stuff.
I played on the road for approx. 7 or 8 years and sold all my gear. Kept my Fender Esquire (added 1956 tele neck pick up and centre stack humbucker with coil tap and fishman bridge along with hip shot D tuner). Started playing with a group recently and bought a nice tube amp but went out today and bought a PRS S2 Mira. Wow am I blown away with this Axe. Very, very versatile guitar and has a sweetness to it. I would hate to take a $4000 guitar out on a gig, but this unit sounds and feels like one.
Great Job PRS!!!!

Welcome! Mira's are groovy!

Hey guys, i just signed up on the fourm. My name is Chris. I live up here in awesome Anchorage Alaska. (sarcasm) Wondering if there are any other PRS lovers out there in Anchorage. I just started playing guitar not that long ago but have become obsessed with PRS guitars. I am now on my 5th one. i only have three right now. I played drums for 16 years and then was diagnosed withan autoimmune disease that really messes with my back. My first PRS was a tremonti, which is an amazing guitar, just too heavy for my back to play standing up. Then i got a p22 from the same guy i got the tremonti from, both where screaming deals for literally brand new instruments, got them each for just just over a grand. had another p22. Even though both where 2012's neith had 53/10's in them i have been looking for a set of those for a long time. i have also aquired a massive collection of prs pickups, and pedals. ( i had alot of drumsets that i ended up selling to finance this stiff. If anyone knows where i can get some 53/10's please let me know, i also saw someone that had PRS pickups marked as PAF+. and my custom 22 artist has pickups that are marked Dragon 1 2000's, the dealer lost the hang tag, does any one know what either of these are? they sound like a mix between dragon 1's and 2's its pretty cool. Other then that i have pretty much every pickup PRS has made except some of the really early models which i would also be interested in trying. The other day for a late birthday present i got a set of hfs and vitage bass pickups but one of the boxes had some presigned as in checked by and whatever the other one is, and the rest of the tags are blank. From what i understand PRS is pretty anti giving out new hang tags. I have been trying to get ahold of the guys at customer service to see what they want me to do with them, maybe they will hook me up with a set of 53/10's for them. Has anyone encountered something like this before? It seems very weird. like all wifes mine is saying that i only need one guitar, though if that is the case i think i need to get my hands on a hollowbody due to my back.
Anyways that is me B*tching and moaning about everything with a few questions. Does anyone know where i can custom order a artist or private stock, we have a prs dealer up here but they apparently do not know how to do such a thing.
Thank you guys

Welcome! I can relate to the drums issue. I to have an autoimmune disease that messed my back up and nixed the drums for me. I still bang on my friends sets when I have a chance.

Back