Introduce yourself!

62 year old beginner. I tried 40 some years ago with no success. If I can learn to play a good blues shuffle, and improvise a bit, I’ll be delighted. SE Custom 22 Vintage Burst, ‘cause it sounded better than the Custom 24 to me - I had the store owner play both for me.

New guys are always welcome here! Moving forward, we do however need to know whether you're a blues lawyer or a blues dentist. Please let us know, so we can welcome you appropriately.

Wanted to say hello for my first post. I am taking up guitar, again. I'm actually a non-gigging drummer. I got back into drumming in 2018 after not playing for over 15 years. At the time, I had 2 electrics and an acoustic guitar. Traded the guitars in on drum gear. I really regret that. I didn't get a heckuva lot for my guitars, and they were actually, very nice. But, recently I became burnt out on A LOT of drum refurbishing and building, I decided to "TRY" guitar, one more time.

I have a handful of cheapie electrics, I plan on doing some pickup swaps, machine swaps, some electronics--and then try and sell a few.

But, I'm really stoked, because I decided to finally buy a used PRS. It's a 2010, Korean made SE singlecut. A couple nicks, nothing horrible. I will absolutely replace the bridge first. It looks like the guy did a considerable amount of sweating I assume? I've not even received the guitar yet. Should arrive later today.

I will do my darnedest to use the search function. I am fifty. I've been in and out of forums for 20 years or so.

I already have a pre-wired harness for a push/pull split coil setup. I was going to slap it in a different guitar. But I think the PRS might be a better spot for it. I'm definitely keeping the PRS.

Looking forward to joining in and learning about Paul Reed Smith and his +30 years of guitar making. Great looking forum.

Chet

Welcome to the forum Chet.

Thanks very much!

Hi Chet!
When your guitar arrives, post up some pics so we can help point you in the right direction to help you get it to where you want it too be.
Thanks for starting out with an avatar.:)

I will hopefully post some pics up in the next few days. Thanks

New guys are always welcome here! Moving forward, we do however need to know whether you're a blues lawyer or a blues dentist. Please let us know, so we can welcome you appropriately.
Thanks for all the welcome notes. Specifically to the above - because PRS are Doctor / Lawyer guitars? If not, let me in on the joke! In truth, a blues engineer. Hence the SE, not Core…

Thanks for all the welcome notes. Specifically to the above - because PRS are Doctor / Lawyer guitars? If not, let me in on the joke! In truth, a blues engineer. Hence the SE, not Core…

LOL! I thought EVERYONE knew the joke. All PRS players are rich "Blues Lawyers" or "Blues Dentists" or Blues Doctors" according to the genius's at The Gear Page. Interestingly, I think if we do a head count, there might be more engineers here than doctors or lawyers.

So, now that we know what you do, do you have one of those cool engineer hats?

LOL! I thought EVERYONE knew the joke. All PRS players are rich "Blues Lawyers" or "Blues Dentists" or Blues Doctors" according to the genius's at The Gear Page. Interestingly, I think if we do a head count, there might be more engineers here than doctors or lawyers.

So, now that we know what you do, do you have one of those cool engineer hats?

Hello everyone I just registered on this forum and after having 2 brand new defective electric guitars; An Ibanez RG421HPFM Blue Reef Gradation and a Charvel ProMod DK24 HH 2PT CM Quilt Chlorine Burst, and having to return them, I decided to order the PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar - Faded Blue Burst a couple months ago from Sweetwater and is my first new PRS guitar. Been playing for over 30 years and I'm in a 2 guitarist classic/hard rock cover band and we play 70's/80's classic rock/hard rock in standard E tuning.

Welcome Charvel1975!
You've come to the right place for any kind of help and questions answered.
Posr edited: please join me in a chorus of “I can see clearly now.”

Thanks for having an avatar right from the start.:)
Post up some pics when you can.
Yeah, points on for the brand guitar in the avatar, plus points for getting what tuning you play in, in your first post. :p:p

now doubling you point total!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to say hello for my first post. I am taking up guitar, again. I'm actually a non-gigging drummer. I got back into drumming in 2018 after not playing for over 15 years. At the time, I had 2 electrics and an acoustic guitar. Traded the guitars in on drum gear. I really regret that. I didn't get a heckuva lot for my guitars, and they were actually, very nice. But, recently I became burnt out on A LOT of drum refurbishing and building, I decided to "TRY" guitar, one more time.

I have a handful of cheapie electrics, I plan on doing some pickup swaps, machine swaps, some electronics--and then try and sell a few.

But, I'm really stoked, because I decided to finally buy a used PRS. It's a 2010, Korean made SE singlecut. A couple nicks, nothing horrible. I will absolutely replace the bridge first. It looks like the guy did a considerable amount of sweating I assume? I've not even received the guitar yet. Should arrive later today.

I will do my darnedest to use the search function. I am fifty. I've been in and out of forums for 20 years or so.

I already have a pre-wired harness for a push/pull split coil setup. I was going to slap it in a different guitar. But I think the PRS might be a better spot for it. I'm definitely keeping the PRS.

Looking forward to joining in and learning about Paul Reed Smith and his +30 years of guitar making. Great looking forum.

Chet
Welcome Chet! Sounds like you have some fantastic projects ahead of you!! When those projects start producing music, feel free to post them in the Studio & Stage section here!!!

Hello everyone I just registered on this forum and after having 2 brand new defective electric guitars; An Ibanez RG421HPFM Blue Reef Gradation and a Charvel ProMod DK24 HH 2PT CM Quilt Chlorine Burst, and having to return them, I decided to order the PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar - Faded Blue Burst a couple months ago from Sweetwater and is my first new PRS guitar. Been playing for over 30 years and I'm in a 2 guitarist classic/hard rock cover band and we play 70's/80's classic rock/hard rock in standard E tuning.
Welcome charvel1975! Sounds like a great start to what will end up being a room full of PRSi!! Enjoy the ride and if you make any music you would like to share, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section here!!!

Back