Introduce yourself!

Hello! My name is Graham and I just got my first PRS today! A midnight rose silver sky with rosewood board. I'm a big John Mayer fan (going to see him in Seattle in March - travelling from northern BC Canada) so it only makes sense that I settled on the silver sky after looking for the next step from my american standard strat.

I have been following the teaching of Tomo Fujita to take my playing to the next level lately, and am hopeful that once I am settled in one place I will be able to join a band and start gigging with this guitar :) .

Welcome Graham. I've only been here for a few days and have already found out that this forum is full of a bunch of kind, helpful, and encouraging folks. A great place to be.

Hello clahantar. Really good peeps here, take good care of us rookies. I still don't have the pic thing all ironed out (but it's sort of working), it's a tad different than previous sites I'm used to, but all in good time. I had a want list of machines before joining recently, but now I think I have to re-write it...

Hello clahantar. Really good peeps here, take good care of us rookies. I still don't have the pic thing all ironed out (but it's sort of working), it's a tad different than previous sites I'm used to, but all in good time. I had a want list of machines before joining recently, but now I think I have to re-write it...
Daryl, here is a bit I put together after joining here in February:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/
It has my tutorial on this process as well as links to what others have done here to help people get their pix properly posted on this forum/site. Let me know if you have any questions via PM and I will be happy to help!

I forgot to introduce myself, so I will. I’ve been playing for 30 years but most of that was on Jackson, Ibanez and Charvels. I’m an unrepentant 80s metal guy! I tried a SE Standard 24 on a lark about a year ago and I loved it. Was most impressed by the trem keeping up with my Floyds! I ended up taking that guitar for an amp in a deal I couldn’t refuse, but I had definitely changed my mind about PRS. I most recently got a chance to get both a 2006 Custom 22 and a 2020 Silver Sky. Likes them so much I now have a core model Mira waiting for me at home and a 2007 McCarty on the way to me!

I forgot to introduce myself, so I will. I’ve been playing for 30 years but most of that was on Jackson, Ibanez and Charvels. I’m an unrepentant 80s metal guy! I tried a SE Standard 24 on a lark about a year ago and I loved it. Was most impressed by the trem keeping up with my Floyds! I ended up taking that guitar for an amp in a deal I couldn’t refuse, but I had definitely changed my mind about PRS. I most recently got a chance to get both a 2006 Custom 22 and a 2020 Silver Sky. Likes them so much I now have a core model Mira waiting for me at home and a 2007 McCarty on the way to me!
Welcome Mvenuti1980! Sounds like you have made some excellent choices!! If you are interested in giving us a taste of what you do with those axes, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section here!!!

Sounds familiar, Mvenuti1980. I cut my teeth on the same type of guitars that you mentioned in your post.
Got my first PRS in 1994 and they’re what I’ve played ever since. (Except for my ESP Hanneman. Sometimes you just gotta SLAYER :)).
Welcome!

62 year old beginner. I tried 40 some years ago with no success. If I can learn to play a good blues shuffle, and improvise a bit, I’ll be delighted. SE Custom 22 Vintage Burst, ‘cause it sounded better than the Custom 24 to me - I had the store owner play both for me.
Welcome to the forum! If the folk here have anything to say about it, this will not be your last guitar!! You'll get the blues shuffle, no prob, and the improvise will come once you are comfortable with the first part!!!

We're close in age (I'm 64), and I'm far from "accomplished" so don't give up on it. There will come a time when that light bulb comes on, and you'll feel it deep inside you. Most of us will never reach those lofty heights that we aspire too, but that's also part of the dream. It comes from within and it doesn't matter if you grace a live stage or not as long as you get some form of fulfillment and a sense of accomplishment with your playing. Use a golf analogy: of the millions of players out there all over the world, 90% of them will never break 100, and how many do you see on the TV on the weekends on tour? Doesn't stop the average Joe from getting out there waiting for that tuning fork to go off in their loins. Might sound goofy, but it's true.

Back