Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone! My name is Paul and I just bought my first PRS (Wood Library McCarty 594). I play classic rock & classic metal.

I am an astrophysics coder for NASA.

Moo
Hey Paul, welcome to the forum! Great first choice!! I just got my first earlier this year (McCarty 594 HBII) and I fell so hard for it, I bought two more PRSi!!! As a science head, you will appreciated it more and more as you discover some of the excellent engineering that has been put into these products!!!! If you would like to share any of your music, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section here!!!!!

Long time lurker finally signed up.

Currently own an SE Pauls guitar and S2 594 Thinline. Love PRS - the looks, the sound, the quality.

Considering an SE HB next year once they're back in stock here in the UK.

Chris
Welcome Chris! I love my HBII, highly recommended!! You stopped lurking just in time for Halloween, very un-ghouly!!! Be sure to share some of your music in the Studio & Stage section if motivated!!!!

Hi all, my name's Will! Been playing guitar for about seven years, have played a bit in church, and do occasional writing that never really goes anywhere lol. I'll be moving from Georgia up to Memphis this January to attend Visible Music College and pursue music (in some form or another) as my career, which I'm very much looking forward to.

I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks, but I thought it'd be a good idea to sign up. I have questions about gear problems and whatnot that probably need to get taken care of before I move out. Plus it seems like y'all have fun here, and I'll have more places to bounce ideas/experiences off of, so what the heck.

Looking forward to being a part of this community, and hope everyone's doing well!

Hi all, my name's Will! Been playing guitar for about seven years, have played a bit in church, and do occasional writing that never really goes anywhere lol. I'll be moving from Georgia up to Memphis this January to attend Visible Music College and pursue music (in some form or another) as my career, which I'm very much looking forward to.

I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks, but I thought it'd be a good idea to sign up. I have questions about gear problems and whatnot that probably need to get taken care of before I move out. Plus it seems like y'all have fun here, and I'll have more places to bounce ideas/experiences off of, so what the heck.

Looking forward to being a part of this community, and hope everyone's doing well!
Hey Will, welcome to the forum! You may want to look at some of the other forums on then web as well for non-PRS gear related questions, as this forum is PRS specific for the most part!! I don't know if you are familiar with Frank Zappa's work, but if you are choosing a career in music, you should really give a listen to "Joe's Garage" by FZ (but do NOT play any of this at church and if you are easily offended, avoid this album as well as a career in music)!!! It pontificates extensively on what a career in music could lead to!!!! I hope we can be of some help here, and be sure to post your music in the Studio & Stage section if you would like to share what you do with your guitars!!!!!

just saying a quick hello and update. I sold my red mcsoap trem a long time ago and had a core Starla Stoptail in vintage Orange. I recently sold the Starla since gigs have slowed down to a stop.

PRS GAS has consumed me, and I hope to share something here soon.:)

Last edited:
Hey guys/gals,

My name is Scott and I am now a proud PRS owner!!!

I've been playing guitar for nearly 30 years and I've finally pulled the trigger and purchased my very first PRS. A 2021 McCarty 594 in the Black Gold Wrap Burst finish.

Like a lot of folks here I'm sure, I've owned several guitars from various manufacturers over the years (and have loved them all), but a PRS always eluded me due to the price as well as other factors. Obviously, I knew about PRS guitars and their quality from having the opportunity to play several of them over the years so it was never a question of, "Will I like it?" I knew I would.

I no longer play gigs or anything of the sort. Aside from a few shows I played as a fill in for a friends band in 2019, I haven't gigged regularly since 2011. I'm now relegated to the music room or the couch. Doesn't matter to me as my dreams of being a professional musician have long since passed.

I love my wife and daughter and am perfectly happy playing while I watch my share of Disney and Nickelodeon.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here and to now be a part of this rather exclusive club. I'm excited to learn all I can from the incredibly knowledgeable folks here.

Cheers,
Scott

Hey guys/gals,

I've been playing guitar for nearly 30 years and I've finally pulled the trigger and purchased my very first PRS. A 2021 McCarty 594 in the Black Gold Wrap Burst finish.

Like a lot of folks here I'm sure, I've owned several guitars from various manufacturers over the years (and have loved them all), but a PRS always eluded me due to the price as well as other factors. Obviously, I knew about PRS guitars and their quality from having the opportunity to play several of them over the years so it was never a question of, "Will I like it?" I knew I would.

I no longer play gigs or anything of the sort. Aside from a few shows I played as a fill in for a friends band in 2019, I haven't gigged regularly since 2011. I'm now relegated to the music room or the couch. Doesn't matter to me as my dreams of being a professional musician have long since passed.

I love my wife and daughter and am perfectly happy playing while I watch my share of Disney and Nickelodeon.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here and to now be a part of this rather exclusive club. I'm excited to learn all I can from the incredibly knowledgeable folks here.

Cheers,
Scott
Welcome Scott!
We definitely need to see some pics of your 594!
Thank you for having an avatar in your first post.

Hey guys/gals,

Cheers,
Scott
Welcome Scott! I lusted after PRS for many years and finally pulled the trigger myself this January (McCarty 594 HBII), so congrats to you on finally taking that step and putting the best in your stable!! There are a lot of helpful folk here, and a few that are really funny, so enjoy the ride!!!

Hello! My name is Graham and I just got my first PRS today! A midnight rose silver sky with rosewood board. I'm a big John Mayer fan (going to see him in Seattle in March - travelling from northern BC Canada) so it only makes sense that I settled on the silver sky after looking for the next step from my american standard strat.

I have been following the teaching of Tomo Fujita to take my playing to the next level lately, and am hopeful that once I am settled in one place I will be able to join a band and start gigging with this guitar :) .

7STmt8mxxL8Jkjwx9

Back