Intro

Lilkuku

Hello all! Just a novelist guitar player since the mid 80’s. Self taught and only played acoustic until 2008 when I bought a G&L Legacy. I’ve had GAS on and off ever since. I’ve owned several great electrics over the years including a PRS CE from the 90’s. I’ve traded, sold etc., Gibson gold top from the 70’s, Heritage 150, a couple of Eric Johnson Strats and several others. I recently got back into playing and bought my second PRS, an S2 McCarty 2023. I have not received it yet, but as with GAS I bought with my eyes and not with research. I thought the S2 was all USA only to find out it’s not. I’m still excited about the guitar knowing the bones are badass, would love to hear what y’all think about the S2 line as is.

Last edited:
Hello all! Just a novelist guitar player since the mid 80’s. Self taught and only played acoustic until 2008 when I bought a G&L Legacy. I’ve had GAS on and off ever since. I’ve owned several great electrics over the years including a PRS CE from the 90’s. I’ve traded, sold etc., Gibson gold top from the 70’s, Heritage 150, a couple of Eric Johnson Strats and several others. I recently got back into playing and bought my second PRS, an S2 McCarty 2023. I have not received it yet, but as with GAS I bought with my eyes and not with research. I thought the S2 was all USA only to find out it’s not. I’m still excited about the guitar knowing the bones are badass, would love to hear what y’all think about the S2 line as is.
I'm a USA PRS enthusiast, and I have to say I was very impressed with the S2s since first seeing them at the PRS factory in 2015. You're right, the bones of the guitar are fantastic.

It's easy enough to change out the pickups if the overseas versions don't float your boat, and the hardware can always be swapped out as well if that's felt necessary.

Welcome Lilkuku! I predict you will be very happy with the S2 line!! Don't be put off by the few components that are not US, most of the guitar is and as László mentions, the pups can be easily swapped for something more to your liking (and if must be, US made).

Welcome to the fold! I am smitten by the S2 Thinline. I was on the fence as to what I wanted next until I played a friend's S2. Not a doubt now.

Oh man, got the S2 McCarty and love the playability fit and finish of this guitar. However, that freakin neck pup is not good. The roll off on either pup is not good. So, I can return it and hope to get a deal on an anniversary model, or start the pup exchange hunt. Any thoughts?

Oh man, got the S2 McCarty and love the playability fit and finish of this guitar. However, that freakin neck pup is not good. The roll off on either pup is not good. So, I can return it and hope to get a deal on an anniversary model, or start the pup exchange hunt. Any thoughts?
You should start a thread on the topic. The "Intro" thread where people introduce themselves (yourself included) is not the best place for such a query ;~)) Not trying to be mean, just sayin'! The appropriate spot IMO would be the "Electric Instruments" forum, here is the link: https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/electric-instruments.50/ Glad you are liking the new axe, can't help on what you should do, so personal!

Back