Internal Server Error...Aaaarrrrggg!

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
What is up with all of these sporadic Internal Server Errors? At first I thought it was due to certain emojis, but no. Damned annoying!

I’ve had them repeatedly over the last few weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooohhh, really??!! Et tu? So now it’s a pile-on? Ok, okay...

I hope you guys could feel that eye-roll. It was a doozie.

Actually, that would explain a lot...

It was a cheap shot wasn’t it? :oops:

Ok, I take it back. Besides, it would have to be SC-less. And you’re a SC card-carrying member.

I dont get these here. I've been getting 'em visiting Whitstable Guitars though.

"Internal Server Errors"
hmmm! Not a bad moniker for an album, or a band, or a nickname. Movie even?

I find it happens most whenever I try to reply to a post. It seems more prone to happen if the post has emoji's and/or more than a couple of paragraphs. That being said, I have had issues with adding a couple of pictures to one of my posts and even had it happen on a post that was only 3 paragraphs (5-6 lines per paragraph) long - with no reply quotes. I couldn't get it to post at all until I split the post into 2 - 1 with 2 paragraphs and the 2nd with just 1 paragraph - no other changes at all - same exact text. After it posted, I did edit the 2nd to explain it was a continuation from the first and had to split it down to work. I really don't understand it. I refreshed the page and it still had all the text waiting to respond, even read a few new posts before returning to try and post but it wouldn't accept it as one post so had no option but to split it into 2.

Mostly it seems that if I have a quote or even just the name sometimes of the post I am responding to, there seems to be a much greater chance of an Error but it seems quite random and ridiculous that I don't know exactly why some posts seem to get this error whilst others don't...

I had the same thing yesterday when posting a reply with a quote containing an emoji. I removed the emoji from the quoted text and it posted fine, so it looks like that may be the issue, or one of the issues.

I had the same thing yesterday when posting a reply with a quote containing an emoji. I removed the emoji from the quoted text and it posted fine, so it looks like that may be the issue, or one of the issues.
I never use emojis and frequently get the error. Half a dozen time yesterday with no quotes and no emoji.

Back