Error message when trying to edit existing post ... anyone else?

Goran Lorencin

Hi there y`all!

Until a few day back I could normally edit an existing post, but now this is happening ... any ideas why? Do admins at PRS know this?

The following error occurred:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I get that first message from time to time. It comes and goes. No idea why.

The only way I’ve found to edit a post once that starts is to delete the error post after copying the content, paste it into a new post window, fix it and re-post.

Sometimes the error occurs when you quote someone else's post that contains emoji, or the word "from." Apparently, this particular word sends up a red flag to the forum software, flagging it as potential spam, or whatever.

The simple fix is to review either the previous quote or your own post, and remove the emoji and re-type "from" with something else.

It often happens when you are quoting, or editing messages that have smiley faces. I went to edit a post last week and had to take out all the smiley faces or it wouldn't let me edit. Same thing a couple days ago on a quote of someone else. It would not let me reply to his quote until I took out his smiley faces.

Try that and see if it fixes the issue.

It often happens when you are quoting, or editing messages that have smiley faces. I went to edit a post last week and had to take out all the smiley faces or it wouldn't let me edit. Same thing a couple days ago on a quote of someone else. It would not let me reply to his quote until I took out his smiley faces.

Try that and see if it fixes the issue.

A workaround for the emoji smileys is to remove the smileys, and post, then come back in to edit and add the smileys again. That works for me, not sure about mobile devices or Windows.

Sometimes the error occurs when you quote someone else's post that contains emoji, or the word "from." Apparently, this particular word sends up a red flag to the forum software, flagging it as potential spam, or whatever.

The simple fix is to review either the previous quote or your own post, and remove the emoji and re-type "from" with something else.
This is it! I had one like it today, and it rejected the edit. I removed the smiley, and bam! Accepted. Learn something every day.

Thank you guys for all the info. So it looks like I will just add text as a reply if needed ... don`t like bending to trivial server/site errors, it is 2021, that should not even be happening on a forum where you have an option to edit posts, but yeah, it`s what we got.

I too have been greeted with that lovely message! You get what you pay for I guess!! Kudos to those who have pointed out the problem source and solution. Perhaps the problem recognition/solutions should be a sticky post if the administrators choose to do nothing else about it ;~)) Or get rid of the emojis and ban the word "from" from the forum! As one of the esteemed forum members has in his title "Best leave it . . . unsolved!" (copyright Nigel Tufnel, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)!!!

I get that first message from time to time. It comes and goes. No idea why.

The only way I’ve found to edit a post once that starts is to delete the error post after copying the content, paste it into a new post window, fix it and re-post.
Same experience and same fix here...or I'll just leave it ;)

Back