Incoming

a McCarty 594 singlecut with trem? Is this private stock? Didn't know such a model exists!

It would make more sense to me that it would be a 594 scale, in todays market. But it looks like it might be a 24.5" scale. It is definitely not a 25" scale.

(I have so much personal experience with 245, 594 and 25" scale PRS guitars that I can usually tell with a quick glance. My trick is the spacing between the frets and certain bird markers.)

I could also likely tell blindfolded and playing them. :)

I am jealous, a short scale SC with a Trem!! An SC 594 Trem Private Stock is on my wish list...

It would make more sense to me that it would be a 594 scale, in todays market. But it looks like it might be a 24.5" scale. It is definitely not a 25" scale.

(I have so much personal experience with 245, 594 and 25" scale PRS guitars that I can usually tell with a quick glance. My trick is the spacing between the frets and certain bird markers.)

I could also likely tell blindfolded and playing them. :)

I am jealous, a short scale SC with a Trem!! An SC 594 Trem Private Stock is on my wish list...
The control layout made me think it’s 594 and not 24.5 scale .. I have an SC245 and a P245 - both amazing guitars, but over the years I’ve fallen in love with the PRS trem, and now a SC trem is certainly high on my wish list

The control layout made me think it’s 594 and not 24.5 scale .. I have an SC245 and a P245 - both amazing guitars, but over the years I’ve fallen in love with the PRS trem, and now a SC trem is certainly high on my wish list
The PRS trem is probably the main contributor to my eternal devotion.

If other companies hollered at John Mann I’m sure I could be swayed.

You are absolutely right on the control layout! That is a 594.

(I took 3 years off of guitar playing and collecting - apparently I am a little rusty! :))

I just switched a guitar out from a great Tremonti Stoptail to an even better Tremonti Trem. Having a 594-scaled companion to that sounds like a great idea!

Back