Incoming

a prs guitar can look pretty ‘70s if you have the right clothes and facial hair.

Ha! I actually just joined and Allman Bros tribute band. I'm thinking I am going to use this a bunch for that while I look for just the right piece. I am ok playing my PRS guitars instead of Gibson for this. I'm pretty sure Dickey played PRS for a while too. I will be rocking a couple of my custom builds as well. I just like cool guitars :)

I couldn't resist

CTIB31729-body-large.jpg.auto.webp

I have been trying to save for a 594 but this one got me. Just a bump in the road.
:)
You will not be disappointed. So much tone in that axe.

name a band that would be better with dreamtheaterrules, he’ll choose one of their songs and solo the hell over it. he especially loves folk and melodic power folk.

counterpoint: name a song that sounds like dtr is playing on it and i will replace the guitar with fife.

name a band that would be better with dreamtheaterrules, he’ll choose one of their songs and solo the hell over it. he especially loves folk and melodic power folk.

counterpoint: name a song that sounds like dtr is playing on it and i will replace the guitar with fife.

This should be fun. :D

First one that came to mind: "I'm all out of love" by Air Supply. That song desperately needs some soloing over it. Some Neal Schon type stuff. Nice, slow melodic stuff then a flurry of notes here and there. Then of course, it would set in that I was actually playing Air Supply, and my brain would revolt to full shred mode.

Don't judge me! Let he who hasn't tapped over an Air Supply song cast the first stone! :p (I'm talking about two hand tapping. Get your mind out of the gutter!)

for whatever reason, air supply was right next to reo speedwagon and elo in my grandma’s console hifi. both of the air supplies were named russell.

First one that came to mind: "I'm all out of love" by Air Supply. That song desperately needs some soloing over it. Some Neal Schon type stuff. Nice, slow melodic stuff then a flurry of notes here and there. Then of course, it would set in that I was actually playing Air Supply, and my brain would revolt to full shred mode.

Don't judge me! Let he who hasn't tapped over an Air Supply song cast the first stone! :p (I'm talking about two hand tapping. Get your mind out of the gutter!)

Don’t blaspheme Air Supply! Tommy Emmanuel played for them. And they did rock a bit live. Not a ton, but a bit.

for whatever reason, air supply was right next to reo speedwagon and elo in my grandma’s console hifi. both of the air supplies were named russell.

But one had Russell for a first name, the other for a surname. Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell, I believe.

Tommy Emmanuel played for them??????????????????????? No way. Seriously??? I mean, I heard that years ago he did some gigs just to survive, but....

I know, right? I was stunned when I heard it.

This is from his artist page on the Maton guitars web site:

During the mid 70s and early 80s, Emmanuel played on recordings for Air Supply, Men at Work and dozens of other popular bands and artists, as well as thousands of commercial ‘jingles.’ He became known as one of the best modern guitarists in Australia. Some of his most notable appearances were on the Air Supply hit singles “Lost in Love,” “All Out of Love,” “Every Woman in the World,” and “Now and Forever.”

As much as I love "Lost In Love", I had never heard that he was the guy playing that acoustic guitar part (at least I assume that's what he's playing). I haven't found any evidence that he toured with them (I saw them in 1980 or 1981), and I'm not sure if I'd be happy or not if it turned out I'd seen him 30+ years before I 'discovered' him.

And make no mistake - as much as I joke about things, I do genuinely like Air Supply, or at least two albums' worth. Very lightweight music, to be sure, but very well done.

well, forget all about manuel — air supply’s new lead guitarist id dreamtheatrerules and i’m sure a hotter version of ‘lost in love’ will drop this weekend.

up next, anne murray (feat dtr).

well, forget all about manuel — air supply’s new lead guitarist id dreamtheatrerules and i’m sure a hotter version of ‘lost in love’ will drop this weekend.

up next, anne murray (feat dtr).
Hey, I am looking for a new band, as you know...
I guess if it pays well, why not?

Back