I'm pretty sure I just bought an SE while drunk.

This is just a stock photo, I expect it to arrive sometime next week.

What am I going to do with this? I suppose I could flip it or use it for trade bait if I decide I don't like it, but if I do.... something has to be done about that E.T. logo.

I used to own a couple of Norlin Les Paul Custom's so I'm sure I will dig the mahogany-maple-ebony combo, and I dig the fact that there isn't too much to really have to "upgrade" on this sucker, but I do have to admit I felt a little: "What did I just do?" the morning after.

You didn't have a burning sensation to go along with it too? Did you?

Sweet! I belive that's the Nick Cantanese (Black Label Society) sig. I'm sure you will come up with something creative regarding the logo.
Black Krylon should blend perfectly, no? :wink:

You didn't have a burning sensation to go along with it too? Did you?

No, but I did do the "walk of shame" with my panties in my purse :creep:

That's just the thing, I feel like I woke up next to a metal chick.

louis_vuitton_monogram_ipad_decal_2_zps4381c84f.jpg

images-3_zps3b30b11f.jpeg

This is just a stock photo, I expect it to arrive sometime next week.

prs-signature-se-nick-catanese-460-100-460-70_zps7eedc852.jpg

What am I going to do with this? I suppose I could flip it or use it for trade bait if I decide I don't like it, but if I do.... something has to be done about that E.T. logo.

I used to own a couple of Norlin Les Paul Custom's so I'm sure I will dig the mahogany-maple-ebony combo, and I dig the fact that there isn't too much to really have to "upgrade" on this sucker, but I do have to admit I felt a little: "What did I just do?" the morning after.

It's funny (to me anyway) how Norlin was once considered to be such a negative thing, much like Fender during their CBS years. But now, if you look at some sites and boards, people wave that Norlin banner a little higher and talk about how great they are. Nothing like time to change perspective...

As for your new purchase, I'm with you; I'd want to cover that logo somehow, or maybe do a little refinish work. But the red and black is a great color combo IMO. Otherwise, I think you made a good move. I hope you enjoy it.

Does anyone know if that red on the neck binding is just surface color? Or is it red plastic through and through?

Goldtop

No, but I did do the "walk of shame" with my panties in my purse :creep:

That's just the thing, I feel like I woke up next to a metal chick.

Hey, Lita Ford was/is a Metal Chick. I haven't seen her recently, but there was a time... The "Hungry" era comes to mind.

Lloyd

Don't feel bad, I bought a Modern Eagle while fairly whacked-out on post-op pain meds. I was pretty surprised when I went back to the office a few days later and there was a guitar box waiting at the door.

Don't feel bad, I bought a Modern Eagle while fairly whacked-out on post-op pain meds. I was pretty surprised when I went back to the office a few days later and there was a guitar box waiting at the door.

Yeah, I guess I'm just glad I was looking at SE's at the time. It had a really low Buy it Now and looked brand new....

cool colors, good pickups (?), an adjustable stoptail... Gotta be a winner.

That's what I was thinking! If I wind up refinishing it, the red has to be taken into account and may limit my choices.

That logo is pretty ugly but it could certainly be turned into a good looking / sounding guitar!

You've woken up with something that'd be a cracker with some carefully chosen cosmetic surgery! :)

The Evil Twin is a great playing and sounding guitar! The ONLY reason I didn't buy the one I played at my local shop was due to the logo. This from a BLS fan LOL.

I'm just wondering how she is going to fit in with all of my preppy friends.

At my age, just think how much fun it'd be to show up at a party with some young metal girl.

And for me, under 50 qualifies as "young." Under 45 would be "too young." And under 40 would be "scandal."

At my age, just think how much fun it'd be to show up at a party with some young metal girl.

And for me, under 50 qualifies as "young." Under 45 would be "too young." And under 40 would be "scandal."

My wife's boss just turned 60. I took him to see Whitechapel. :rock:

Serg this guitar will need some sparkles.

Back