I'm pretty sure I just bought an SE while drunk.

Pics or it didn't happen. And none of this washed out artistic/impressionistic guitar bridge-esque funny business either. :D

Pics or it didn't happen. And none of this washed out artistic/impressionistic guitar bridge-esque funny business either. :D
IMG_1135_zpse461a923.jpg

Okay, first of all: the fret job on this guitar is insanely good. I have spent more money on refrets by reputable repairmen that have cost more than this whole guitar did, great job W.M.I.
I'm diggin' the Tone-pros bridge and the overall vibe, and the neck doesn't feel too much like the WF that I'm trying hard to get along with on my CE22.. so that cold be a good thing.

I had hoped this would kinda be like a LP Custom, and in some ways it is, but it strangely sounds a lot brighter than I expected. (The LP Custom's I am comparing it to in my mind also had EMG's.. so it's not just that.) I even played a few Slayer riffs and used the dirty channel of my amp for the first time in six months...That NEVER happens! All in all I'm impressed, and can honestly say I will probably never buy another Gibson LP when these suckers are so inexpensive.

Alright then, that's the good, and now the bad.

Old boy shipped this sucker in the bag,in a box, without too much padding so there is a bit of a "smooshed" headstock point. I don't think it was there in the auction pics and may have happened in transit, but I bought it so cheaply I would kind of feel like a goon bitching to him about it.

EMG's... Do I have to say more? Okay I will. EMG's are like a really hot chick with zero personality. They rule if your a "hesher" or play in a metal band, but I'm not and I don't, so those won't last long. Look for them in my future P.I.F. thread in the second week of June.

Lastly is this E.T. graphic. I knew it would have to go from the second I won the auction, but I quite frankly expected it to look a little nicer. If it's a transfer decal that they use, then the die that cut it must have been wrecked! It looks uneven and poorly cut, like someone cut it out free-hand, there isn't a matching contour to be found. That isn't actually too bad of a thing as it will give me no feelings of guilt when I spray paint over it!

pics-
IMG_1132_zps2bfb3526.jpg

IMG_1133_zps05a856d3.jpg

One last problem.

I was doing fine rocking my first CE for twenty years, then I accidentally got a Tremonti SE which made me change my mind about PRS's "budget" line, then I swapped that for the Orianthi, then I got the "Blanc" CE22, and now I own four f@#king guitars again! Okay, maybe it's more than four.. but those other ones don't count. You guys are a bad influence.

IMG_1134_zps387ee3c8.jpg

Nice rack ya got there! I take it you're gonna keep the red binding etc? Or will you paint that as well?

Lastly is this E.T. graphic. I knew it would have to go from the second I won the auction, but I quite frankly expected it to look a little nicer. If it's a transfer decal that they use, then the die that cut it must have been wrecked! It looks uneven and poorly cut, like someone cut it out free-hand, there isn't a matching contour to be found. That isn't actually too bad of a thing as it will give me no feelings of guilt when I spray paint over it!

Or you could just find a bigger sticker and cover it up.

Or just leave it. Because WTF.

Nice rack ya got there! I take it you're gonna keep the red binding etc? Or will you paint that as well?

Thanks! Yeah, the red is staying, it's all part of the plan.

Or you could just find a bigger sticker and cover it up.

Or just leave it. Because WTF.

I can't just leave it..... that's no fun. What if I cover it in sequins?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;65226 said:
My work here is finished.

bastid.

Back