I'll Tell You What Color Your Blue Guitar Wants To Be.

OK Sergio, what do you make of this one?

blue-classic.jpg

prs01.png

Technically Black Pearl, so... It's good.

I can't blame your guitar for being resentful. You see, your guitar suffers from latent Bonni Pink tendencies, and that can be especially hard to admit in a society that places such a large value on masculinity. Now, I'm not sayin' your guitar is..... I mean, it's a spectrum. Not everybody has to categorize themselves within extreme confines. I'd suggest a nice purple regardless of whatever it says.

No, that's me that has latent Bonni Pink tendencies. Yesterday (right before I bought another BLUE guitar hahahaha) I had visions of ordering a Private Stock guitar in Bonnie Pink with Translucent Black Zebra Stripes so that I could channel my Twisted Sister and Ted Nugent urges at the same time. :p

ps My wife would LOVE for me to get another purple guitar as you suggest.

Last edited:
Yeah, this guitar hates itself because it just isn't blue enough. It's pissed that it got rejected from The Blue Man Group. It needs to be painted completely blue. Everywhere. It needs to excuse itself so it can go blue itself.

Spot on Sergio. I think you really blue us all...
away...
again...
with your psychic powers.

Your guitar (who's name is Chaz, by the way) spends an inordinate amount of time listening to Dennis Brown records and Dancehall, wants nothing more than to repatriate to a nice part of Negril and open an "Ital Cafe/Coffee Shop". You know, one of those places where tourists can feel at home but, nothing too dread... just so it can stay in business, keep the message of Halie Selassie alive, replace the transmission on its 2002 BMW, and have enough money for a Nyabinghi choir at its wedding to Summer (who he met last summer in Bali while researching gong baths).

Your guitar wishes to be painted Green, Gold, and Red with a Black Star emblem upon the top, 'cause:... Marcus Garvey. Blaat, blaat, FIRE BURN!
That's interesting, because it's a really crappy guitar for Dancehall which I found out while I was playing Beres Hammond's "Rockaway" on it. I think it might be delusional and require further psychoanalytic treatment. If I were to judge it based on what it sounds like, it wants to be painted murder scene red with a gold hammer and sickle on the front and call itself "Che." It's one aggressive SOB for a SAS.

Last edited:
The spirit has reawakened in me.

I tried to turn my back on the power, but a dream about cockroaches and the death of Jimmy Page last night has led me to start listening more closely to the whispers of energy that surrounds me.

And thus, my work must continue.

Your guitar, believe it or not, has a fascination with outer space. It wants to leave this world on a journey to the rings of Saturn any beyond.

It searches for the origin of life and time, while contemplating the vastness of the universe. It is ready to strap in and explore the cosmos and wishes to do it dressed in a coat of Galaxy Burst.

You are truly wise indeed. Tho the guy I sold it to was surprised that it was blue even though he (presumably) looked at the pictures.

But the test is not yet over. There's still this:

prs12.png

Your guitar finds itself wishing to change his outward appearance to one that more closely resembles who he is.

He’s a studious and intelligent guitar that is reminded of when his scholarly days growing outside of a college town. Oh how he dreams of the fall and the changing colors that would signal the return of students and professors, and their turtleneck sweaters tucked neatly under their camel hair sport jackets with suede elbow patches. The crisp breeze in the air and the taste of mulled cider while curling up in front of a fireplace.

Your guitar fancies himself as somewhat of an intellectual, and wishes to be refinished in Autumn Sky.

Oh go on then - I hadn't spotted there were free mystic readings here. I bet they don't offer that on the Gibson forum. You've got a head start as I know you've seen it before. I think the cockroaches and the death of Jimmy Page stuff was probably seeing Fender are going to make a tribute Tele so I'm hoping your powers remain strong.

IMG4706.png

For the unbelievers

IMG4235.jpg

This changed on its own?

Oh go on then - I hadn't spotted there were free mystic readings here. I bet they don't offer that on the Gibson forum. You've got a head start as I know you've seen it before. I think the cockroaches and the death of Jimmy Page stuff was probably seeing Fender are going to make a tribute Tele so I'm hoping your powers remain strong.

IMG4706.png

For the unbelievers

IMG4235.jpg

IMG4706.png

For the unbelievers

IMG4235.jpg

Sergio’s powers scared the blue stain off this one! The power of the mind, never ceases to amaze me!!;)

Back