I'll Tell You What Color Your Blue Guitar Wants To Be.

vxhf0k.jpg

It's teal... I don't know if she's more blue than green or viceversa, but if guitars whisper to your ears, she will tell you ;)

Your guitar can't decide if it's blue or green either. In fact, that's the main issue your guitar is facing: it's non-committal. Unsure of where it falls stylistically, your guitar is a little bit country, a little bit rock-n-roll, a little bit fusion, and a little bit r&b, but it has decided one thing: It's an avid entertainer.

Your guitar loves performing in front of all types of crowds and people from all walks of life. Therefore, it wishes more than anything to be Flip-floping/chameleon/color-changing pearlescent UreKem Tropical Storm http://www.urekem-paints.com/chameleon-car-paint-colors with a natural back.

Oh yes...only three more guitars before Swami Sergio gets to mine!!!! All in all this thread is moving a lot faster than the Kurt vs Carlos thread...and just as much fun.

I sent a guitar to PTC and could not make up my mind on a color. I told Matt to let PTC pick a color and tell me after its done, I sure hope it's not blue lol

Your guitar can't decide if it's blue or green either. In fact, that's the main issue your guitar is facing: it's non-committal. Unsure of where it falls stylistically, your guitar is a little bit country, a little bit rock-n-roll, a little bit fusion, and a little bit r&b, but it has decided one thing: It's an avid entertainer.

I don't know how you do it but you nailed it! :eek:

It is, indeed, a jack of all trades and master of none. I have other guitars with their unique purpose, but this fits in all of them :D

You guys should really get some counseling to deal with your irrational hatred of blue. Anybody should know why blue is absolutely the best color. As far as I know, it's the only color that has it's own music named after it. Being originally from Memphis, it's obvious to me that they don't play the reds or greens on Beale St. They play the blues! And speaking of Memphis, what color were the King's suede shoes? Black? White? Orange? Of course not! They were blue! What color was his Christmas without you? Seems like it was blue, blue, blue, blue, blue! I rest my case...and now try to get that song out your heads.

You guys should really get some counseling to deal with your irrational hatred of blue. Anybody should know why blue is absolutely the best color. As far as I know, it's the only color that has it's own music named after it. Being originally from Memphis, it's obvious to me that they don't play the reds or greens on Beale St. They play the blues! And speaking of Memphis, what color were the King's suede shoes? Black? White? Orange? Of course not! They were blue! What color was his Christmas without you? Seems like it was blue, blue, blue, blue, blue! I rest my case...and now try to get that song out your heads.

I was just on Beale Street again a couple of weeks ago. I dig that place.

This is a great thread...

I've got a couple and I'm very curious what color they would rather be...
5909_10_crop_zps3e7ab327.jpg

IMG_1228_resized_zpsydfdqsrc.jpg

All your first guitar can think of is "ME, ME, ME!!!" Such a narcissist is this guitar the it constantly asks itself "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" Unfortunately, it is a rarity for such a self-involved guitar to actually be completely correct about its assertion that it is in fact most beautiful.

While your guitar is terribly vain, it also is unusually painfully aware of it. As an avid fanatic of greek mythology, your guitar is fearful that it may fall into the same trap as Hermaphroditos was once fabled and wishes to avoid such a fate at all costs. Therefore, it wishes to be painted with a Mirrored Chrome top to be able to see any approaching nymphs (especially the dreaded Salmacis) in its reflection when gazing upon its beauty in said mirror.

*Warning. The effect of looking at a chromed guitar in a mirror may cause epileptic seizures and weight gain.

Your second guitar grew up a punk rocker. It was steeled upon the music of the Sex Pistols, The Clash, and Dead Kennedy's, and remembers seeing Fugazi at Gilman Street in 1988 but... Like all "over-the-hill" Punk Rockers, it has graduated into enjoying Country music and Rockabilly, and thus finally settling down into its mainstream whiteness and its 9-to-5 job. It enjoys getting drunk at Tiki bars and fills its Instagram page with pictures of homemade kabobs it fires upon its grill on the weekdays. It talks to friends about its latest tattoos and how they're finally going to get that piece on their neck by that guy once their quarter-sleeve is finished.

It wants to be Gretsch Orange with a pinup-girl decal and dice knobs.

On magnificent swami, please tell me what this ocean teal desires to be.
DSC_0004-1.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg

Your guitar (who's name is Chaz, by the way) spends an inordinate amount of time listening to Dennis Brown records and Dancehall, wants nothing more than to repatriate to a nice part of Negril and open an "Ital Cafe/Coffee Shop". You know, one of those places where tourists can feel at home but, nothing too dread... just so it can stay in business, keep the message of Halie Selassie alive, replace the transmission on its 2002 BMW, and have enough money for a Nyabinghi choir at its wedding to Summer (who he met last summer in Bali while researching gong baths).

Your guitar wishes to be painted Green, Gold, and Red with a Black Star emblem upon the top, 'cause:... Marcus Garvey. Blaat, blaat, FIRE BURN!

This one just begged for blueness all over...None more blue.
At the time I didn't know a blue flamed maple fingerboard and tuner buttons were an option...or I might have done that too.
Too Much???
Compensating for something???
Do I need professional help???
Or is this the ideal instrument for Systematic Desensitization of Azuraphobes like you Sergio?

73840DF0-78CB-4EB5-BCB3-508B648E7E25_zpsshcrghaz.jpg

20077ABD-90DB-4B62-8896-8308FCBB16D4_zpsxjjkofbc.jpg

9E01E598-C511-449A-B18F-90A4C7A4BAB2_zpsnvpzyney.jpg

Yeah, this guitar hates itself because it just isn't blue enough. It's pissed that it got rejected from The Blue Man Group. It needs to be painted completely blue. Everywhere. It needs to excuse itself so it can go blue itself.

Guitar: Tell sergio to blow it out his ass.

PRS-2013-CU24-Blueburst_252.jpg

I can't blame your guitar for being resentful. You see, your guitar suffers from latent Bonni Pink tendencies, and that can be especially hard to admit in a society that places such a large value on masculinity. Now, I'm not sayin' your guitar is..... I mean, it's a spectrum. Not everybody has to categorize themselves within extreme confines. I'd suggest a nice purple regardless of whatever it says.

Back