If you were going to get a Custom PRS guitar, what would it be?

Revelation

I would want a McCarty 594 with the McCarty pattern neck 25" scale, and the PRS tremolo. I prefer the pattern neck over the vintage neck which is not as flat and comfortable as the standard pattern neck. I like the little longer scale, and of course have the tremolo with the 594.

What is your favorite PRS?

So many different options:

Satin Standard 24 Stoptail with birds, standard neck profile
Custom 24 with Zebrawood top w/ white wash, black limba back, Brazilian neck and board, standard neck profile

Make a 594 Core Satin Thinline with Pattern Vintage neck, Starla pickups with slight overwind on the bridge pickup. That would be a sweet one.

Pretty sure it'd be McCarty-based (non-594), 22-fret Pattern neck, Ziricote fretboard... and you know what, heck I'd go ahead and put the bigger & smaller 408 pickups in it. I guess this basically just means I'd want a Signature Ltd. with ziricote board. Well, I am a simple man I guess.

Set neck swamp ash Silver Sky with Paul's tailpeice, Paul's TCI bridge, NF-53 neck, bridge tap, 3-way switch, 594 scale length, roasted maple neck with a braz board, standard headstock shape and rosewood veneer, white gold brushstroke birds.

Fairly certain that PRS would never make such a monstrosity.

It changes based on what I already have and/or what I am craving at the time.

Right now, it's between a Hollowbody 594 with the HBii Piezo bridge or a Semi-Hollow MEv with Piezo Trem but if I had to pick just one of those, I'd probably go with the MEv as I have a HBii and HB594 so combining both into 'one' instrument isn't as useful to me as having a something that adds new tonal shades to my palette.

I would get a 594 singlecut without fretboard binding, and with a Pattern neck. Maybe 59/09 pickups, moon inlays, and a vintage sunburst finish. Pretty straight forward, really.

Oh, and GLOSS finish.

But I would also not mind a Custom 24 with a two-piece bridge (no vibrato) and a Pattern neck.

Last edited:
A hollow body with one piece spruce top and one piece quilted maple back and sides all copper burst finish. 24 fret BRZ neck and board. Outline birds in gold flying away from body. Piezo and split pups (actual pups to be determined) with BRZ rings. My logo on headstock and bird on heal in gold. All black hardware, knobs, switches, jacks, pups, frets, tuners, screws, etc. At least, that is what I want today ;~))

I would like a 594 scale length mccarty, old school McC controls and one piece pauls bridge. Low output PUs (58/15LT with different magnets), korina body one piece figured maple (either flame or quilt) top. Probably korina neck and cocobolo FB, black MOP old school birds, McCarty colour scheme. Or something like that.

Could add some bling, but not necessary. This will rock the big one

I would need two. I want a P22 with HSS pickup configuration (57/08 in the bridge for both), flame maple neck, brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay, and a crazy quilt or flame top. I have a finish I like so I would need one in Dark Cherry Sunburst and the other in something like Yellow Tiger that really shows the grain off. I like the way Black Gold looks but would want the scraped binding on it. The reason I need two of these is that I want one stop tail and one trem. I have a stop tail experience guitar that has most of these features and I love it. I have a P22 Trem as well that has some of these features but I would change things on it if I could.

I forgot to mention that it would be a 22 fret neck with either pattern or pattern vintage carve.

Last edited:
A Fatback Custom 24 , pattern regular neck, jumbo frets. Copperhead with black wrap, 5310 pickups covered, brushed nickel Covers…Hybrid hardware, stop tailpiece bridge like Paul’s guitar, 25” scale. 5 way Strat switch for coil cutting . No mini switches! :eek::):p

Swamp ash Vela with a bolt-on wide fat maple neck, maple fretboard, black dot inlays, copper metallic thin nitro finish, single-ply black Bakelite pickguard. Black Gibson speed knobs.

A New OG Tremonti (Fixed Bridge/Wide Fat) ;)
Custom 24 (Wide Fat) Fixed Bridge ;)
Modern Eagle II ( \m/ Pickups )

OG Singlecut and/or Custom 22
Widefat mahogany neck, Ebony board, MOP birds or some version of the block birds, maple binding around the entire neck and headstock. Body color matching veneer with PS eagle inlay.
Phase I tuners with wings that will accommodate LARGE strings
MannMade adjustable bridge
All hardware brass, anodized, gold, hybrid
Single bridge pickup with brushed nickel cover with gold pole pieces, flame maple pickup ring
Single volume
Dragon III pickup - blend of DI’s and Core #7’s
”Figured” maple top as similar to my #1 Custom 22 as possible
”Figured” mahogany back as similar to my Singlecut Standard as possible
A custom version of Purple Dragons Breath Glow
Black paisley HSC

Just off the top of my head…:p:D

Back