I just figured out why I love the Santana so much...

I do still miss the Green one :) If I would have put the Miras in it , I think it could have been a keeper.

jlqpVfh.jpg

RoiQXUV.jpg

tgnxB2D.jpg

bB9pI0R.jpg

rmTsgRY.jpg

Yeah, the green one is sweet. That’s a very unusual shade of green.

Sergio, can you please tell me about the korina bodied one with birds and the zebra pickups?

Yeah, the green one is sweet. That’s a very unusual shade of green.

Sergio, can you please tell me about the korina bodied one with birds and the zebra pickups?

The Korina one has moons. The one you’re talking about is all mahogany, and it’s from a second run of West Street Limiteds without the seahorse, sapele top, and has an Indian rosewood fretboard... so kind of a more “budget” Westy, but more faithful aesthetically to the guitars Paul would’ve been building back then.

It’s fairly light and has a big @ss neck, probably the biggest neck I own. I think there were like, 25 of them made?

qCRS3XF.jpg

TiXHI7W.jpg

Wm181xA.jpg

Pr3ABs5.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. Do the korina and the all mahogany ones sound similar?

That stripped down West Street Limited is simple yet elegant. That’s my favorite in your collection.

Last edited:
So sexy. I love a solid rosewood neck.

Does the custom shop offer a special service for rosewood necks? I think it was called the Ecstasy treatment or the Orgasm treatment. I can’t recall. Where they oil them like a Music Man?

Does the custom shop offer a special service for rosewood necks? I think it was called the Ecstasy treatment or the Orgasm treatment. I can’t recall. Where they oil them like a Music Man?

No, I think you're confusing this with service somewhere else.

No, I think you're confusing this with service somewhere else.

Yes, Tahlee, they did/do offer this service in the PTC. There used to be a list of services that they did, but it’s not on the PRS site any longer (or I just couldn’t find it). I’m not sure if either of the names for it you mentioned are correct, but it did have a unique name. Also, not sure if it was oiled, or waxed. Regardless, they came back feeling like slick glass. Hopefully someone can chime in with more details.

Thank you for the info. Do the korina and the all mahogany ones sound similar?

That stripped down West Street Limited is simple yet elegant. That’s my favorite in your collection.

I’d say they’re pretty close.

Thanks!

No, it’s not the perfect neck that fills your hand and inspires confidence. Surprisingly, it’s not the tone for days that comes out of these beasts. Nor is it the sexy swagger that the model has in spades.

Well, actually it’s all of those things. But, as I played tonight I realized that the controls are in the perfect location. I have my band’s cover song setlist on a playlist on my iPad, so to practice independently I just play straight through the list, like at a show. Anyway, the location of the controls is now becoming automatic in my movements. And, they are in the perfect spot.

Recently, Sergio mentioned that now that he is accustomed to the Santana, he can’t play the sexiest Bonnie Pink Tremonti (which I am also watching and almost bought) ever seen, and currently for sale at a reasonable price on Reverb. Well, I am beginning to understand just how he feels.

Once you become accustomed to the Santana, there is no going back.

Please, feel free to pepper this thread with pictures of your dead sexy Santana...

FD3-C8-C63-115-D-442-F-84-EA-F4781-A26-DEAE.jpg
I’m jamming along with “Moon Flower” now.

The rosewood treatment of awesomeness. However, the Ecstasy Treatment sounds way better.

My heart is all a-flutter with this display of girth and power.

The Santana is one of the models I'm curious about but haven't had the chance to find locally.
How does the neck compare to Pattern and Pattern Regular ? Is it close to either ?

I thought Wide/Fat was the equivalent of "Pattern" based on PRS' description, is it not ?

Back