I have the most respect for Paul Reed Smith guitars but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Apple Pie

prep time 30 min
total time 3 hr 0 min
ingredients 8
servings 8

Ingredients
Crust

1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box

Filling*

6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)

3/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.

Perfect Apple Pie

prep time 30 min
total time 3 hr 0 min
ingredients 8
servings 8

Ingredients
Crust

1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box

Filling*

6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)

3/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.

I'm only coming over if there's punch AND pie.......love South Park!

So that's it I guess…..The sacred rule of 'pie' has hereby been officially invoked.

My pick is Boston Cream, but some purists question its designation as a pie.

This tastes like .. math.

pi_0.jpg

Hahaha the Op's thread is the epitome of much ado about nothing.

Paul Reed Smith doesn't need to prove anything on the guitar. His proof is the guitar itself.

This is a guy going down in history bigger than Les Paul or Leo Fender, who each only created a model not an entire entity models included. Started a brand that within just 30 years rivals 100 year old G and F's, even surpassing them in certain aspects. His only handicap is the dogmatic leanings of people for the traditional. His hand signatures on private stock guitars will be highly sought after in 30 years time, as would Les Paul's signature on a guitar if it existed.

I think many guitar heroes Hendrix etc would not be ashamed to forgo their skills to swap places with this guy.

Haha so, I'd bet my life savings Mr Smith does not give a ratsass what the ops thinks of his playing skills.

Paul Reed Smith doesn't need to prove anything on the guitar. His proof is the guitar itself.

This is a guy going down in history bigger than Les Paul or Leo Fender, who each only created a model not an entire entity models included. Started a brand that within just 30 years rivals 100 year old G and F's, even surpassing them in certain aspects. His only handicap is the dogmatic leanings of people for the traditional. His hand signatures on private stock guitars will be highly sought after in 30 years time, as would Les Paul's signature on a guitar if it existed.

I think many guitar heroes Hendrix etc would not be ashamed to forgo their skills to swap places with this guy.

Haha so, I'd bet my life savings Mr Smith does not give a ratsass what the ops thinks of his playing skills.

Well, I support Paul in this thread, but let's not get carried away, he is a decent guitarist, but that's it. He has never claimed otherwise.
Only time will tell how he fits into the history of the guitar ... 100 year old Gibson and Fender electric guitars simply do not exist.
Fender started in 1950 with the intro of the "Broadcaster" ... still a long way away from 100 years.
To suggest that Hendrix would swap places with "this guy" is ludicrous.

Regardless, the OP was a troll post and it's time to put it to bed.

Last edited:
Well, I support Paul in this thread, but let's not get carried away, he is a decent guitarist, but that's it. He has never claimed otherwise.
Only time will tell how he fits into the history of the guitar ... 100 year old Gibson and Fender electric guitars simply do not exist.
Fender started in 1950 with the intro of the "Broadcaster" ... still a long way away from 100 years.
To suggest that Hendrix would swap places with "this guy" is ludicrous.

Regardless, the OP was a troll post and it's time to put it to bed.

Lets not get carried away? Lol nah....I'd say lets not be constrained by timid and sterile, mechanical & unimaginative thinking.

He can play, he can build, he can imagine ..now where's my pie ?

Oh boy... where to start

1) PRS in no way rivals the F & G. PRS sales are a fraction of either.

2) Les Pauls contributions to the Les Paul guitar were in fact very minor. The Gibson team designed it with Les input at times.

3) dogmatic leanings of the traditional? I'm about a progressive at it gets...BUT.... you can't pick up a strat and not think its the most comfortable and ergonomic guitar ever created.

Whether or not did anything wrong, you have now. I take exception to the name calling. We can all agree that you didn't specifically say Paul couldn't play, but your description of the video wasn't very forgiving. To critique the guy in his own house with 500 of his best friends around to listen is pretty bold and not in the best of manners. I first thought you might just be trying to stir up trouble but gave you the benefit of the doubt (read my post). You have proven me wrong. Instead you fain being insulted and choose to insult us as well. As far as the gross name calling, I'm big enough to take it, but it sure reflects poorly on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back