I’ve caught the bug: Got a Cu24 35th Anni - What’s next?

You had a love for a particular offset and you just found out that you love PRS as well. If you want something tonally different than what you have, but still want to somewhat combine your preferences, why not try a Vela (regardless of being solid or semi-hollow)? Either I'm blind, or I'd thought that someone would have mentioned it to you by now.

You had a love for a particular offset and you just found out that you love PRS as well. If you want something tonally different than what you have, but still want to somewhat combine your preferences, why not try a Vela (regardless of being solid or semi-hollow)? Either I'm blind, or I'd thought that someone would have mentioned it to you by now.

Thanks, yes, you’re right, the Vela is very intriguing and I’ll for sure look it up! SGH5150 made me aware of that line earlier.

Thanks! As I’ve already mentioned, the color was maybe not my first choice, I think a more neutral charcoal top would suite me better, but it’s growing on me. I’ve seen a lot cleaner tops, the bottom part looks a bit sketchy to me, but it adds to the personality of the guitar. These tops are like fingerprints and all are universally unique. I’m quite happy with it!:)

It’s also interesting to see how the light affects how the guitar looks. In my first picture, the red really pops. Here’s a picture of it in more neutral light.
Y8pTwbd.jpg

I think its a great color! I personally prefer it when tops aren't too uniform as it adds to the realness of wood.

Hello again,

Just an update to show my inquiry was sincere.;)

I picked up a used 2016 McCarty 594 today and am amazed! This thing plays really well and that neck is a completely different thing (I’m saying different, not better) than the pattern thin on my Cu24. I believe I’ll be quite content with my purchase. Maybe this was the safe choice? Now, what’s next?
GPW2JiW.jpg

Back