Hugely disappointed

I like the Fiore, but I'm assuming we will see some more releases this year, like the MT-100. Similar to ESP with their Japanese line last year, PRS might just be trying to catch up on orders following all of 2020s COVID-related issues.

I think coming up with a completely new model, re releasing the Studio is enough for a company under the stresses of operating in a pandemic environment. Don't assume that things at the factory are running normally. I am sure they are working hard just to keep up with regular production.

I haven’t been super pumped by a lot in a long time. Not that there’s nothing new that I want, just nothing I’m jumping out of my seat about. Brian, maybe it’s time for a trip(when possible) to the Vault to build “the one”. Or maybe you really have everything you need.

The Fiore interests me most. It would probably be a little more of a niche guitar for me rather than a main player. I guess most any guitar is that to me these days. Second fiddle, if you will.

I get the lack of pattern regular being frustrating. Pattern thin is my least favorite so I immediately move on when browsing guitars when I see it listed. Hopefully only temporary for streamlining production.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! The Archon is gone????? I'm too busy to look. I get little breaks and post while loading docs, waiting on credit reports, etc... but that is interesting news, and not in a good way...
Hoping this is a temporary thing, but it’s not like there’s none on the market either.

Wow man, even though I was (and am) really excited about the launch, I gotta agree with you. Pretty much everything (aside from the Fiore) was just a tweak of the same thing, or a reissue...
The Studio (already done)
The Special (already done)
The Silver Sky (new flip flop finish, already done)
The SE custom 24 (new carve & colors (all of them already done in limited batches)
The SE custom 24-08 (just a renamed 35th anniversary, so all those “limited” ones are now widely available, without the truss Rod cover)
The SE Zach Myers (new color/aesthetics, nothing else changed)
The Kingfisher (veneer added, super happy about that! But everything else is the exact same.. would have been nice if they added a 5 String, or swapped to black or gold hardware.)
The SE Parlor (sunburst finish added)

Speaking of Hardware, am I the only one who still likes Gold hardware? Literally NONE of the SE models have that option...

The only NEW releases are the Fiore, which looks and sounds amazing btw, and the Clip on tuner.
Now let me clarify, I am not disappointed in any way, and PRS can do no wrong in my eyes, I’ll admit I’m a complete honk...but repackaging and new colors are not “NEW” products. That’s not an opinion, that’s FACT.

Still super excited for most of this stuff, as their instruments are all fantastic, it’s nice to have new colors to choose from! I want that Lunar Ice SS, the Bonnie Pink SE, and that sick new finish on the ZM. Faded Blue Jean is my favorite PRS color, and this looks to be the closest we will ever get to that color in the SE line.

I just noticed trampas green isn't listed on the website as available color for any models any longer. Guess they discontinued it? Does this mean my custom 24 is collectible now?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! The Archon is gone????? I'm too busy to look. I get little breaks and post while loading docs, waiting on credit reports, etc... but that is interesting news, and not in a good way...

Yes, I was very surprised by that one too. I can only imagine that they intend to replace it. My guess is either the MT100 will be Maryland made, or they’ll give the Archon the same treatment as the 2 Channel H got to become the Custom 50 - lead boost, etc. But I can’t imagine them just ditching their high gain concept.

Gotta back track on the pattern neck gripe since both the studio and special semi have it.

I have to agree overall I was not impressed and there was nothing that screamed take my money. I appreciate the time that went into it and tried to give it my full attention but in the end I found my self to multitasking more than anything.

I need a WL run with either a studio, santana, or HB II with skittle fade and a matching flame maple neck. I'm dying over here without it.

We get threads like this every year (nothing wrong with it, just sayin'). There are always people who don't like the new models. Sometimes folks change their minds, sometimes not.

One of the new guitars, in particular, appeals to me: the Special Semi-Hollow. Having owned a CU22 Semi-Hollow LTD, and foolishly having sold it, I'd like to remedy that error. PRS' Semi-Hollows are superb guitars that have a beautiful resonance.

In addition, as the owner of one of the Private Stock 20th Anniversary models, I can certainly vouch for the Narrowfield middle pickup - it's the best middle pickup I've ever used on any guitar, ever. It's a beautiful sounding pickup, especially so in combination with humbuckers.

So yeah, I want one. I'll be on the lookout for one that appeals to me in the near future. I also now wish I'd bought a JMOD. I love PRS' hand wired amps. I could kick myself.

Last edited:
I just watched the event on youtube and that was great, they did good. The event 'theme tune' music was frigging excellent. Well done to all the production staff.

Got 2x laughs, one when paul was complaining thinking he was off camera about being blindsided with the black flower guitar, and 2 with john mayer going off script again. He is a joy to listen to play but veers off track speaking, this time it was play any guitar, last call if was burst finish guitars. Amuses me anyway seeing paul try and get the train back on track :p

I liked the acoustic segment best, really liked that guy singing with the beard, not religious though so would have preferred if he had stayed in the bar and learned to drink responsibly rather than go drive chevys and sit in pews etc :D

I just watched the event on youtube and that was great, they did good. The event 'theme tune' music was frigging excellent. Well done to all the production staff.

Got 2x laughs, one when paul was complaining thinking he was off camera about being blindsided with the black flower guitar, and 2 with john mayer going off script again. He is a joy to listen to play but veers off track speaking, this time it was play any guitar, last call if was burst finish guitars. Amuses me anyway seeing paul try and get the train back on track :p

I liked the acoustic segment best, really liked that guy singing with the beard, not religious though so would have preferred if he had stayed in the bar and learned to drink responsibly rather than go drive chevys and sit in pews etc :D

I liked the show. They did a really good job with something difficult to accomplish.

Back