Hugely disappointed

Must say I am by extents disappointed. Three-or-four models short of being a blockbuster launch from PRS.

Only issue, is they have given me exactly what I bloody need in a guitar. The PRS SE Floyd, this guitar with a bloody Ebony fretboard. This is exactly what I need. Just with a pickup swap away from being dam near perfect, a tuner swap away from being bloody perfect. Then with a few more bits of garnish and it will be the exact PRS I need right now.

PRS has disappointed with a PRS 'Tele' model for one not being launched, a SE Silver Sky would be good, even if I'm not interested in it as I dislike John Mayer, but would have sold a chicken shed and a half of them. Would like a non John Mayer Silver Sky model though. PRS could sell shed loads of certain models, I suppose you gotta milk that USA Core cash first.

Didn't get what I want, but got what I need. This makes me happy!

Must say I am by extents disappointed. Three-or-four models short of being a blockbuster launch from PRS.

Only issue, is they have given me exactly what I bloody need in a guitar. The PRS SE Floyd, this guitar with a bloody Ebony fretboard. This is exactly what I need. Just with a pickup swap away from being dam near perfect, a tuner swap away from being bloody perfect. Then with a few more bits of garnish and it will be the exact PRS I need right now.

PRS has disappointed with a PRS 'Tele' model for one not being launched, a SE Silver Sky would be good, even if I'm not interested in it as I dislike John Mayer, but would have sold a chicken shed and a half of them. Would like a non John Mayer Silver Sky model though. PRS could sell shed loads of certain models, I suppose you gotta milk that USA Core cash first.

Didn't get what I want, but got what I need. This makes me happy!

I really like my PRS torero with ebony board and floyd. It's 25.5 scale neck through with EMG. Very un PRS but an absolutely fantastic guitar. PRS tried an SE SS of sorts in SE EG before the SS took off and since it only lasted a few years I don't think it did too well. I bet it would do better now but for a quick fix that's a good place to start. I don't support a PRS tele model, but I do think it would sell. PRS and tele together is like opposites attract. That said when I built my last tele I went for a subtle forearm cut and wish I had done the belly too. Most tele players would be against this logic but it's an absolute joy to play. What really looks out of place on a tele to me is fancy tops.

I on the other hand am elated that there are no new offerings which I've just GOT to have!
I really like the return of the color Eriza Verde.
The return of the Studio is really neat, and at one time that might have actually been my favorite PRS model, but I have since moved on to prefer the Custom 24-08 over the Studio model.
The PRS bass guitar selection still kinda sucks. But oh well, no biggie.

Well, see there you go, I love Eriza Verde (I will admit I found it too gaudy at first) and that Purple Iris intrigues me (wish I could see a full guitar example), though it might just be a faded/more charcoal version of the Purple Hazel they had a while back.

The Cobalt Blue actually looks like a slightly faded River Blue, to me, so it doesn't wow me.

The plethora of Charcoal-like finishes is amusing, IMHO. I prefer stronger, more vibrant colors most of the time, like the Aquamarine (got a 594 SH in that finish, looks awesome). I do want more reds too.

I suppose it could be one of those things being different in person; I have no doubt EV pops in person. And yeah Cobalt does look like river blue, I like both....

Back