Does PRS make guitars with different neck profile other than what's mentioned on catalog and website?

goodbyeboy

So I am in the process of purchasing and found this S2 Custom 24-08. The seller keeps insisting that the neck profile is pattern regular, but on the catalog and the website they clearly mention the neck profile as pattern thin. Pattern regular is nowhere to be found.

I am curious whether PRS makes some type of special order ones with different neck profile with U.S made models?

I have a core Cu 24-08 with a pattern regular neck, which are much more rare than the pattern thin. Most of the Cu24 line that I looked at were pattern thin, and I waited because I wanted the bigger neck size.

Oh, need pics of yours, here is mine

51313424798_efddb20ccc_o.jpg

I checked my SE Cu24 specs, "Pattern Wide Thin" o_O
I found another SE listed the same way, but all S2 that I looked at were Pattern Thin.

This one listed as "Wide Thin" o_O

So I am in the process of purchasing and found this S2 Custom 24-08. The seller keeps insisting that the neck profile is pattern regular, but on the catalog and the website they clearly mention the neck profile as pattern thin. Pattern regular is nowhere to be found.

I am curious whether PRS makes some type of special order ones with different neck profile with U.S made models?

It depends on what year it is. They first did the S2 24-08 in 2020 as an anniversary model with Pattern Regular neck. It was gone for '21 then they brought it back as a regular model in 2022 with Pattern Thin.

The regular S2 Custom 24 used to come with a Pattern Regular neck carve, but then they changed it to Pattern Thin in 2022.

Once upon a time, PRS offered two carves on core Customs and Standards, but they don't do that any longer and that was never an option with S2.

As said above. The 2408 is pattern thin. The 35th is the only s2 2408 with pattern regular. The S2 line used to come with pattern regular. They don't offer custom profiles on the s2 and never have.

To clarify perhaps where the previous posts have been going:

What year is the guitar you are looking at? That might provide some insight. It might be a 2020 35th anniv build (and might not have anything otherwise special).

I have a core Cu 24-08 with a pattern regular neck, which are much more rare than the pattern thin. Most of the Cu24 line that I looked at were pattern thin, and I waited because I wanted the bigger neck size.

Oh, need pics of yours, here is mine

51313424798_efddb20ccc_o.jpg
What color is that? Orange tiger burst?

Thank you for all your inputs. My seller later confirmed that it was a mistake and it indeed is pattern thin.

Back