How to remove fret glue from fretboard?

starscream67

Hi All,

Any suggestions on how to remove excess glue from fretboard where the frets have been installed in a way that won’t damage the fretboard or fret?

My new SE SVN has several small glue globs alongside half a dozen frets that I’d like to tidy up. It’s annoying that I have to, but seems QC isn’t what it used to be.

Pics would help. Every SE is thoroughly inspected and setup in the Maryland factory before shipmentt to dealers. QC is therefore very consistent.

On the off chance your new SE has glue globs, use a razor blade, sandpaper and steel wool to dress the fretboard as PRS does before it ships.

Edit: SEs are shipped directly to larger distributors for Europe and Japan and are set up there to PRS specs.

LekJqWq.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

I’m in the UK and I’m wondering if PRS Europe does the QC rather than the Maryland factory. I know how good the US QC is as I have 2 core guitars. I’m used to even SEs being perfect so it’s kinda weird when they aren’t - and I had to send my 1st SVN back for several issues, including headstock dent before finishing, grit under finish on back of neck and the tone knob coming off.

Last edited:
Back