How Many Of You...

All PS all the time for me, except for my DGT standard. I do have some wicked ideas for a PS standard, but am trying my best to resist :)

Mine is still my #1...

DSC01385.sized.jpg

I only buy guitars to play them (but I can understand those that buy PRS's just to look at them!) At night, into their cases they go.

Yes. My private stock gets played.
I wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't going to play it.

That's how I see it. Even if a guitar was a "collecitble" I would play the crap out of it because it's still a guitar. Speaking of that, oh how many toys I could have made a bunch of money on if I just kept them in the wrapper :D.

As far as cosmetic damage goes, it's never pleasant, but if it bothers that much it can usually be fixed. Buckle rash doesn't even count :)!

I just had this discussion on a smaller scale (non-PS guitars) with my brother. He plays out a lot and various people will sit in at pretty much every gig. He has an 89 PRS but won't take it because he is afraid to give it to just anyone. His solution was to take a ~$800 strat, stick a set of .011's on it and then hand it to whoever wants to play. I sat in once and instantly remembered why I don't like strats and why I love PRS. Not to mention coming from playing mostly .009's or .010's to the .011's

I just had this discussion on a smaller scale (non-PS guitars) with my brother. He plays out a lot and various people will sit in at pretty much every gig. He has an 89 PRS but won't take it because he is afraid to give it to just anyone. His solution was to take a ~$800 strat, stick a set of .011's on it and then hand it to whoever wants to play. I sat in once and instantly remembered why I don't like strats and why I love PRS. Not to mention coming from playing mostly .009's or .010's to the .011's
I'd rather have my $300 used SE than an $800 strat any day. Sometimes the SE makes me think it could be my only guitar, until I switch back to the two USA ones and think, "oh yeah, THAT's why I have these".

I just picked up a PS guitar to smash on stage after our last song at our CD release show Friday. It should look cool! The chicks dig that sort of thing.
This was meant to be a little bit of April Fool's and also, put an O in there, a POS guitar to smash at the show. On both accounts I was totally lying.

I should point out my PS is my wife's favorite as well. She says it's the best sounding guitar I have.

Back