How many is enoughj?

I definitely have too many -- I only really need one or two (a 6, a 7, maybe an acoustic). But I just can't decide which to get rid of.

I tend to favour a single guitar and used it for everything and to the exclusion of all others. For practical reasons I've generally maintained a backup, but it was just that... a backup, and it was rarely played.

That didn't stop me from having GAS and acquiring more guitars. Most of it was because I kept lying to myself about how much I needed this new guitar, and how great it will be doing whatever it is that makes it so special.

Right now is a bit odd because I have two main guitars. I think it's because they both fill a niche that is practical for the music I play rather than some far fetched pipe dream I conjured up in my mind.

I have enough guitars..............except PRS...........oh, hell..............who am I kidding........................Steve, you`ll always have more than I do.

I have more than I need. I could see selling a couple of the low end ones just to free up closet space. The rest I enjoy so they stay.

I've got 8 that I have bought over the years but I've only been able to go core standard in the last year,( kids flown the nest, mortgage payed and all that). There are 2 things left on the itinerary. 1, to make experience and a PS but that will take a couple of years. Thing is what builds in my head one week may change two weeks later ( oh choices) but I've got plenty of time before that'll happen!!!

For me, (as well as likely many others) it is not so much too many guitars as it is not enough time to play them! If I could just get rid of this work thing, I would have time to play many more guitars. Only without any money to buy them....

I've started a system of playing a different guitar on a weekly basis. I find myself getting excited about what I get to play the next week!

Kevin

Yay, my thoughts EXACTLY
The_Answer_to_Life_the_Universe_and.png

When I started hanging out here, about a year-and-a-half ago, I showed that YouTube video of Markie's basement to my wife. I got a resounding "NO YOU CAN'T" from her. Fast forward to present day. I have 8 hanging up in my "music" room with no where else to put one unless I ditch the bookshelves and paintings. I'm sitting in there looking around, the wife comes in and asks, "what are you doing?" I reply, "trying to figure out where I'm going to put these two project guitars when I'm finished with them. Plus the one at the PTC, plus the WL from Brian." She comes back with, "why don't you hang some up in the basement." Momentarily stunned, I couldn't form any words. When I regained my senses I agreed that sounded like a good idea.

Moral of the story....beats me! But apparently aliens have abducted my wife and I've got the green light to get more guitars!

I have enough. 2 Martin acoustics and 14 electrics from PRS, Suhr and Gibson Historic. I gig them all, and none of them are duplicates, but it truly is more than i need.

there are never enough. then there are. then there aren't. it's a cycle.

i put my self on a diet this year, and so far am down one for the year. not that i haven't acquired anything new, but i've been trading.

I don't worry about having too many. My problem is that I have a few which I know I would be better off without but still can't get rid of them by virtue of being a sentimental idiot. It's fine having any number of good guitars, so long as you are able to ditch the chaff along the way.

i now have 15 electric guitars. i see myself selling some in the future to tone it down but for now i'm having a lot of fun with my 9 PRS SE's, 2 ESP's, 3 LTD's and a Fender (all tuned in various tunings). perhaps some will go to fund a high end guitar although i always tell myself i don't need a very expensive guitar since i'm not that good of a player anyway....

BLASPHEMER!!! :D

Kevin

I said for now.... If I Even think of wanting a new guitar though the wife will know. She bought me my CU24 in June, and she won't be happy

Back