Hmm... Something Seems "Off"

JAAAKE!!

Been a fan of PRS electrics for years, currently own a couple of S2 and SE guitars. Came across an add for what is supposedly an S2, but my Spidey Sense is buzzing a bit at the moment.

Anyone familiar with a PRS with sunburst finish with a more or less plain top, a headstock with no laminate, gold hardware, and a body that looks almost more like a CE or Core than an S2, but the carve almost seems to end closer to the pickups than on a Custom. Add to that the fact that it comes with a non-PRS case. And while it is not unheard of, the seller has installed some type of Duncans, which is more likely on an S2 or SE than a CE or Core, but again, I'm stumped.

So are my senses sound correct on this one, or am I overlooking something that proves that this is legit? Would love to provide a couple of pics, but apparently I am unable to do so yet as a new member.

Make two more posts and you’ll be able to put pics in. That‘ll be most helpful. Just reply to this topic a couple of times.

I’ll let the pros pipe in but looks all wrong to me, tuners aren’t straight (90 degrees to the headstock centerline). Headstock looks to big. Nut looks suspect at the very least. Need a closer picture of the trem , no recess cavity for the volume/ tone but yet it appears to be a carved top. Idk

An s2? With upgraded tuners and bridge? And pickups? Not odd to mod the s2 to this degree. But highly sus. I would demand photos of the back and serial

This guitar taken as a whole does not add up. At all. It’s got a “carved” top. So that either makes it a genuine Custom 24 or a fake. Not an S2 or SE. Standard 24s didn’t have a blade switch (among other things). I don’t think early CE’s did either except the Hiland model, which this isn’t. So a Custom 24 in a plain top but with a sunburst finish? Flag. Non-original tuners? Flag. Squared off bridge corners? Nope. Non PRS truss rod cover and strap buttons. Flag.

Hard pass.

For poops and giggles tell them to meet you in middle of nowhere. Promise cash. Over what they are asking. And then don’t show :cool:

All sorts of things look just a little bit "off" with that one. It's definitely a fake/knockoff; but as Bowtiefanatc said, they (the ones making the fakes) are getting better at it. If you don't actually own a PRS, this guitar would seem convincingly legitimate.

Yeah, I call FAAAKE!! No way that left any PRS related factory.

The picture seems to be altered in some way. The bottom left bout apoears a bit blurred as if someone "adjusted" the picture to hide something. There is a clear straight line about halfway up the body, if you zoom in.

Back