HELP US BUILD A PRIVATE STOCK! April 2016

Flamed maple neck and fretboard.

Please don't stain it. That is when guitars start to become clown shows.
i do agree at times it can be too much. I feel the same way when there are lot of wood species on a build to that differ so much in visual character. I honesty would have loved to seen it in honey burst on the top with a ebony board, black limba body and neck

Please don't stain it. That is when guitars start to become clown shows.
I don't entirely agree with this, but I do think multiple colours gets too "busy" for playing. How about one colour? And pick the lightest from the glow, or a complementary colour.

Black limba neck.
Ebony board and headstock veneer.

*Edited to change neck wood to match body wood.

I don't entirely agree with this, but I do think multiple colours gets too "busy" for playing. How about one colour? And pick the lightest from the glow, or a complementary colour.

Sometimes wood just needs to be wood. Why mess with its natural beauty? If it were up to me, I'd just clear coat the entire guitar and be done with it. Thats just me though. I just prefer my wood naked... oh...um... nevermind... :)

Don't see a stained maple neck matching a natural black lmba back...either natural flamed maple neck (would they do a three piece neck?) or black limba with Ebony board for a brighter sounding take on the 594....or Honduran RW neck with Ebony board.

Neck: Curly Maple, back stained Subzero
Fretboard: Madagascar Rosewood
w/ Curly Maple Binding
Heel Cap: Ebony
image_zpse8ki6gto.jpeg

watch light fade from every room. Pin prick holes in a colorless sky let inspired figures of light pass by. The mighty ...

Continuing the poem from Tosca above: Breathe deep...

Pernambuco neck! If we get enough votes maybe it will happen.

I vote cocobolo for the fretboard.

Hmm, can't decide between flamed maple neck, unstained, with similarly flamed maple fretboard, or black limba neck with cocobolo fretboard...

OK, black limba neck to match body and cocobolo neck!

OK folks-
I tallied everything up - looks like Black Limba neck with Ebony fretboard with no heel cap wins!
So now we have a
594 Semi-Hollow
One piece Quilt Top
Subzero Glow
Natural Black Limba body and neck
Ebony fretboard

Question #6
WHAT SHOULD THE INLAY MATERIAL AND HEADSTOCK OVERLAY BE?
Tips:
-The inlays will be birds with outlines and headstock will have the PS eagle (I dont believe we can use 20th birds on a 594)
-The fretboard and headstock will have natural curly maple binding and to keep the price in check, no purfling suggestions please.
-My thought is that for headstock veneer the only options are quilt stained Subzero or Ebony to match the board, but Im open to suggestions!

Quilt stained Subzero overlay
Matching stain wood birds with MOP outlines

Back