HELP US BUILD A PRIVATE STOCK! April 2016

Chrysocolla inlays
Subzero stained black limba headstock (I.E. no veneer, but stained)

So if you have cocobolo neck with chrysocolla inlays, is that coco-colla?

The guitar has a lot going on already. The ebony board will be soothing to the eye. So carry that on with the headstock overlay in ebony with subtle white mop birds with paua outlines. The paua will pickup the sub sero stain with subtlelty and with class. This guitar will be a beautiful instrument with these sublte finishing touches.

The guitar has a lot going on already. The ebony board will be soothing to the eye. So carry that on with the headstock overlay in ebony with subtle white mop birds with paua outlines. The paua will pickup the sub sero stain with subtlelty and with class. This guitar will be a beautiful instrument with these sublte finishing touches.
I like this idea.

Headstock veneer: Quilted Maple Subzero stain
Fingerboard inlays: Chrysocolla birds with mother of pearl outlines
Headstock veneer inlay: Chrysocolla Private Stock eagle with mother of pearl outlines

image_zps027ml3cc.jpeg

image_zpsznnzxiab.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
me too, but my designs have been described as "austere" by my pusher.

Nothing wrong with your design ideas Cat. I find with custom guitars everyone is for exotic woods. Inlays are a completely different subject. Inlays are a more personal choice. What appeals to the masses is usually less exotic. While all the other inlay stuff is certainly cool and exciting to look at, I just think it is a very selective and personal choice.

Alright people - Lets go with Chrysocolla birds with Mother Of Pearl outlines
Ebony headstock veneer, Chrysocolla PS Eagle with MOP outline
Phase III locking tuners with Subzero stained Maple tuner buttons

594 Semi Hollow
One Piece Quilt Maple Top
Black Limba body
Black Limba neck (594 carve)
Ebony Fretboard
Chrysocolla birds with MOP outline
Ebony headstock veneer
Phase III locking tuners with Subzero stained buttons
Black/Smoked chrome hardware with black pickup rings

Ill post wood photos in a few days, thanks for the help!

I hope it turns out ugly so I'm not tempted to buy it. :D

Yeah, I know, the chances of that happening are smaller than me becoming Taylor Swift's ex-boyfriend.

Last edited:
Three cheers for the great contributors of Brian's new 594 Private Stock project.

image_zpsawyy8nhd.jpeg

Subzero Glow wins!
594 Semi-Hollow, One piece Quilt top, Black Limba Body (natural), Subzero Glow top finish

Question #5
WHAT SHOULD THE NECK AND FRETBOARD WOOD BE?
Tips:
-This question includes votes for heel caps
-This guitar will have the standard 594 neck carve
-Curly Maple fretboard and headstock binding is stock on a Private Stock 594
-This question does NOT include votes for headstock veneer or fretboard inlays - Those come next.
neck=korina fretboard=flamed maple

OK folks-
I tallied everything up - looks like Black Limba neck with Ebony fretboard with no heel cap wins!
So now we have a
594 Semi-Hollow
One piece Quilt Top
Subzero Glow
Natural Black Limba body and neck
Ebony fretboard

Question #6
WHAT SHOULD THE INLAY MATERIAL AND HEADSTOCK OVERLAY BE?
Tips:
-The inlays will be birds with outlines and headstock will have the PS eagle (I dont believe we can use 20th birds on a 594)
-The fretboard and headstock will have natural curly maple binding and to keep the price in check, no purfling suggestions please.
-My thought is that for headstock veneer the only options are quilt stained Subzero or Ebony to match the board, but Im open to suggestions!
Mammoth ivory for both parts.

Back