Had to Sell My PRS....Farewell Guy's, It's Been Fun

Macmutt

Hey Guys, although i've only had my PRS custom 22 since February, i recently had to sell it, unfortunately.

Here's why...There has beem alot of chaos in my life lately, My father has been in the hospital for two months with terminal cancer, so i've been going back and forth everyday.
Then i come home and take care of my two kids, then goto work at night, and briefly cross paths with the wife in the morning.....weekends are busy with more hospital visits, food shopping, church, and other chores.

So needless to say i have not been able to play it for months, and i personally consider it an utter sin to have such a high emd, beautiful instrument like a $4000 PRS sitting in a closet unable to be played.
Now if it were a guitar of lesser quality, and not as expensive as a PRS, than i would've been ok with it, So i did infact downgrade both my PRS and Fender Princeton Reverb to a 1960's Epiphone tribute Les Paul and a Marshall tube amp...then i put the rest of the money towards some necessities for the house.

It truly broke my heart to sell, it felt like breaking up with my first love when i walked out of the music store, but i did get the highest quality Les Paul Epiphone makes and a really nice Marshall amp, and at least now if i don't get to play for a while, it's not a total of $5000 sitting in the closet going to waste but just a $1000 between guitar and amp.

I hope to someday get a PRS back, but for now there is more important things i need to deal with before i can enjoy playing again.

Sorry to hear about your father. All of the best with this trying time in your lives. Sometimes this life asks for difficult decisions and as none of us are dealing with your unique curcumstances no one can critisize your decision to let the PRS go. I sincerely hope that you will be able to buy another at some point, but you have more important needs at present. The mere fact that love PRS qualifies you to be part of this forum imho - you do not have to own one to share this love.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune everything happens for a reason.You will rebound in time take care of your family first.Good luck

Sorry to hear about your father. All of the best with this trying time in your lives. Sometimes this life asks for difficult decisions and as none of us are dealing with your unique curcumstances no one can critisize your decision to let the PRS go. I sincerely hope that you will be able to buy another at some point, but you have more important needs at present. The mere fact that love PRS qualifies you to be part of this forum imho - you do not have to own one to share this love.

Well stated, and I'm sure those thoughts are passed along by all.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I have been in that particular situation, and I feel for you.

I'm happy that you have done what is best and most appropriate for you and more importantly, for your family. Things sound very trying in your house right now. I think you will find your gear more rewarding knowing that you are putting your household in a better situation.

I have no doubt that you will be playing a PRS again in the future. I have always believed that doing what is good and right eventually gets rewarded.

God bless you and your family as you go through this.

Kevin

Can't really add to what's already been said here. Prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

Sorry about your dad. Mine also went through a long illness before he passed away, and it was tough seeing him suffer.

Guitars are just stuff. It's people that are important, and sometimes life intrudes on guitar ownership.

You can always replace the PRS down the road, they'll be happy to make you another one!

That sucks man. Glad you're keeping a little bit of gear, though. Music and guitar have helped me get through some rough times.

And remember ownership isn't a requirement to hang out here. Stick around!

Please add my thoughts and well-wishes to those of everyone else here. I can't say I know exactly how you feel because I don't have any family, but in the past I've faced difficult times and had to sell guitars that meant the world to me. They are just things, and as much as it hurts to part with them, you can get others in the future. But your family is the only one you've got, and I admire you for taking care of them.

All my best to you and your family.

Lloyd

Echo what everyone else has said. I do know what you are facing as I went through a similar period with my own father after his stroke and it was a couple of hours before he was found and taken to a hospital. It was all downhill from there. You take care of the family because they are precious in a way that nothing else can be.

All the best.

Relationships are better than everything else. Stay strong and sneak into the guitar room when you get the chance and play some music.

People family first, PRS family will be waiting for your luck to turn, as I always does, and see you posting a NGD in the near future. Cancer sucks. I can totally relate. Be well in the interim my friend.

Hey Guy's Thanks for all the kind words, i'm sorry to say....My father passed away on June 15th 2015, and needless to say the next time i had a chance to play, following his passing, was quite honestly some of thee most emotional blues leads that ever cried out from my soul and my strings.
By the time i was done my eyes were filled with tears and my guitar felt like a consoling friend.

I'll miss my dad every day of my life, but i'll try to remember the good times most of all, and hopefully some day i'll reclaim another beautiful PRS...Thanks again for all the kindness you've shown me, and i'll keep coming back whether i have a PRS or not...take care.

I don't come here because of the PRS I have, I come for the PRSi everyone else have!

No need to leave us, and best wishes.

Back