So long...it's been good to know you!

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
Cancer. Been fighting it since long before 2010. Long time. Lots of chemo.

It's diminished me to where I have feet las large as an elephant and can hardly walk. Huge and puffed up. I'm so blind I can hardly see. Everything is a blur.

Haven't decided what to do with my guitars, amps and gear. Probably Reverb and eBay.

Bernie Marsdens, real CE22's from the 90's, HDRX 20 heads, Klon KTRs...tons of stuff.

I at least found my dogs a home on a ranch with my step daughter in New Mexico.

My Hospice doctor says I probably won't see spring based on how far I've slid in the last couple of months.

Makes me sad.

Very sorry to read this. Try to stay as positive as you can. It really makes a difference. Not sure there is anything we can do to help but don't be afraid to ask if there is.

The doctors are not always right either. I worked with a guy that they gave two months to live and he made it a little over a year and a half because he had a mission to complete before he was ready to go. He completed it and then moved on.

I hope we are able to hear some recordings from you soon! I am sure your family and other friends feel the same!! Best wishes to you spending the rest of your days enjoying life rather than thinking about the end of it!!!

Although I can not afford it and my girlfriend may very well kill me if I do it, I am thinking about buying one of your Bernie's! I will PM you some questions!!

Thanks for your contributions and knowledge here on the forum! You are a straight shooter who has helped some of us understand some things better!!

Damn Lew, so sorry to hear this. You've always struck me as a positive and passionate person, I'm sure this has served you well throughout your battle. Thoughts, prayers and positive vibes.

FWIW, I have a good friend in Denver who is a collector of guitars and amps that want to be played. If you want DM things you might decide to part with, I could see if there's anything he's interested in. Could save you some hassles.

I hope we are able to hear some recordings from you soon! I am sure your family and other friends feel the same!! Best wishes to you spending the rest of your days enjoying life rather than thinking about the end of it!!!

Although I can not afford it and my girlfriend may very well kill me if I do it, I am thinking about buying one of your Bernie's! I will PM you some questions!!

Thanks for your contributions and knowledge here on the forum! You are a straight shooter who has helped some of us understand some things better!!
No. I cannot read the numbers easily, my head is a fog and I've lost all my energy.

Takes what seems like years to do a little post like this.

Cancer. Been fighting it since long before 2010. Long time. Lots of chemo.

It's diminished me to where I have feet las large as an elephant and can hardly walk. Huge and puffed up. I'm so blind I can hardly see. Everything is a blur.

Haven't decided what to do with my guitars, amps and gear. Probably Reverb and eBay.

Bernie Marsdens, real CE22's from the 90's, HDRX 20 heads, Klon KTRs...tons of stuff.

I at least found my dogs a home on a ranch with my step daughter in New Mexico.

My Hospice doctor says I probably won't see spring based on how far I've slid in the last couple of months.

Makes me sad.
Praying.

Sorry to hear about this. I know I've read your posts for years and you've always been a cool dude. I also understand the resolve. Just know that you're loved here on earth and in the next world.
Thank you! I am not looking forward to the experience. The moment of death doesn't scare me much. I just don't want it to hurt. The morphine helps...but the painful constipation does not. It's horrible.

My friend AJ says: Old age is God's way of humiliating us.

Got that right.

Back