Got my guitar back!

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I got my PRS back from PTC on monday. It now has new frets and a pro setup. I haven't had a lot of spare time this week to play it but so far I like it. I will gig with it saturday night so that will be the real test. I have noticed it staying in tune a little better than before but I'll give the trem a real thrashing saturday.

I think I will send my cu24 in for the coil tap mod and a pro setup.

Cool!

I was thinking about sending in my CU22. It's going to be 10 this year. It doesn't really need anything though. I was thinking maybe a new nut and fret level and crown. The frets don't show a lot of wear though... just as preventative maintenance, just because the guitar is 10 and it'd probably a good idea to have it gone over by the PRS experts. My hesitation is the cost and also the risk of shipping it across the country and back.

Cool!

I was thinking about sending in my CU22. It's going to be 10 this year. It doesn't really need anything though. I was thinking maybe a new nut and fret level and crown. The frets don't show a lot of wear though... just as preventative maintenance, just because the guitar is 10 and it'd probably a good idea to have it gone over by the PRS experts. My hesitation is the cost and also the risk of shipping it across the country and back.[/QUOTE

Im with ya John. Im a nervous wreck until guitar gets where its going.

I would not have done it but I had a local guy work on frets. His work caused me to send it to PTC. Lesson learned. The tuning wasn't as stable on this guitar which was another reason to send it.

Glad to hear PRS does a nice job on repairs! I am thinking about sending my Hollowbody I to PRS to get 57/08's and a Piezo put in as well as new frets. Not sure that the frets need replacing but if I am going to ship the guitar across the country (from California), my thinking was to get the guitar completely refurbished. Only thing holding me back is shipping - especially the trip from my house to the factory. I assume PRS knows how to package guitars for shipment from their factory so I am not as worried about the return trip.

If you use the PTC shipping option they send you a PRS shipping box I believe

Sweet, I'm sure they did a great job. I sent my Custom 24 in for some minor work in January, can't wait to get it back!

I was of the belief that you couldn't add a Piezo after the fact. Also, I concur with getting the shipping box from PRS, for safety.

Glad to hear PRS does a nice job on repairs! I am thinking about sending my Hollowbody I to PRS to get 57/08's and a Piezo put in as well as new frets. Not sure that the frets need replacing but if I am going to ship the guitar across the country (from California), my thinking was to get the guitar completely refurbished. Only thing holding me back is shipping - especially the trip from my house to the factory. I assume PRS knows how to package guitars for shipment from their factory so I am not as worried about the return trip.

Back