Gnikrowten - A Twist On A Thread

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Some time ago, @11top started a networking thread on here, and it gave me an idea for this thread. Thanks to my top-level procrastinating skills, it's now about six months since that thread, but here we are.

So here's the idea - this is your chance to ask another forum member a question you've wanted to ask but never found an opportunity or reason to do so.

I'm going to say this up front - there's no doubt in my mind that this thread will derail at some point, but until then...

Some ground rules:
  1. Don't be a d!ck.
  2. Use the @ tag so the target of your question gets notified. Be aware that there seem to be some circumstances where the target won't get notified. Ping me, and I can shoot off a PM to them.
  3. Don't be a d!ck.
  4. Don't freak out if you don't get an answer. Give your brethren and sistern a chance to reply. Not everybody lives on the board (although many of us do live in the same gated community - we just keep up the appearance of living in different areas for the fun of it). Maybe that person has you on ignore. Suck it up and be an adult about it.
  5. Don't be a d!ck.
  6. If you are asked a question, do not feel obligated to answer if it's something you don't want to talk about in a public forum. But it would be nice if you'd just say you don't want to discuss it.
  7. Don't be a d!ck.
  8. There is NO rule 8.
  9. Don't be a d!ck.
That's it, that's the list.

@Shawn@PRS how did you get your start at PRS? And, how did you end up where you are today? What did you do before your journey at PRS began?

Sorry, that's 3 questions.

I've always loved playing and tinkering with guitars, so when I saw an add in the paper that PRS was hiring for a sanding position, I was intriqued. I asked my girlfriend what she thought about me quiting my job to start a new career for a 1/3 of the pay? She said "If it makes you happy, go for it!" (I ended up marrying that girl, we're celerating 18 years of marriage next month). I started off sanding bodies, did a little spraying and worked on the base-coat prep bench before becoming a "carpet walker". I live by the credo "Do what you love and the money will follow". Before PRS, I worked for a printing company who specialized in medical and scietific journals.

I've always loved playing and tinkering with guitars, so when I saw an add in the paper that PRS was hiring for a sanding position, I was intriqued. I asked my girlfriend what she thought about me quiting my job to start a new career for a 1/3 of the pay? She said "If it makes you happy, go for it!" (I ended up marrying that girl, we're celerating 18 years of marriage next month). I started off sanding bodies, did a little spraying and worked on the base-coat prep bench before becoming a "carpet walker". I live by the credo "Do what you love and the money will follow". Before PRS, I worked for a printing company who specialized in medical and scietific journals.
Thanks, Shawn

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

@MA Pete, you have purchased more incredible guitars since I’ve been on this forum than I have managed in over 4 decades of playing... personal, business, or both? How on earth do you manage it? I’m jealous!

Back