GFS Lipsticks....

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;100598 said:
See post 2.

That might have to happen.

You do realize that there's a reason why lipstick pickups are, shall we say, a bit less popular than other pickups, right?

Of course I do, I'm just surprised at how un-treble-y they are. They just seem way more muted than I thought they should be.

I tried several, maybe 3 or 4 GFS pickups several years ago, the only one I liked was a strat sized rail pickup that I put in the neck position of a guitar. Other than that, they were all disappointing.

And I heard so many positive things about 'em... Same thing with that Mustang III amp I got.

Oops...
Somewhat in defense of that, I have the Mustang V which has a 412 cab and different speakers...
Maybe that makes a difference?
Sorry Serg...

It's not like that! You aren't the only one that loves that amp!.. I think I may be the only person that it just doesn't work for though. I mean, both the amp and the pickups were so inexpensive that I'll keep 'em around for a minute just in case I'm "doing it wrong" or my tastes change. The only thing to blame is my preconception of what I thought these things should sound like in my mind.

I have a Mustang 1 that sucks so bad.I keep it in the box.IMHO the lipsticks looks awful.Put something more muscular in the guitar will ya!

Last edited:
Back