GFS Lipsticks....

Well... maybe they just need a boost. Park an EP Boost in the circuit and see what happens.

Do we get to see them in the guitar?

The problem is that they sound nice as humbuckers, it's just the splits that are the pits. There are four wires and a ground coming out... I'm gonna have to try 'em all first.

Do you really want to see a guitar that isn't really done?

Do you really want to see a guitar that isn't really done?

Nope.

I think you should get an EP Boost, pull its guts out, wire the PCB and battery into the control cavity, poke the attenuator through the top, and set it up so it activates in the circuit when you split the coils. Don't ask me how to do all that. I'm just an ideas man. ;)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;97647 said:
Nope.

I think you should get an EP Boost, pull its guts out, wire the PCB and battery into the control cavity, poke the attenuator through the top, and set it up so it activates in the circuit when you split the coils. Don't ask me how to do all that. I'm just an ideas man. ;)

Ok.

meh.ro10002.gif

I take it all back! These are super fun now that I found the right combo, totally different than anythin' else I have.... Sorry GFS guys!

I take it all back! These are super fun now that I found the right combo, totally different than anythin' else I have.... Sorry GFS guys!

Okay, now I take THAT all back! Comparing these to everything else I have.... I'm totally hatin' on these again, I've never had such a love/hate relationship with pickups before. For those of you who have, what did you do? Did you mess with the height and try to fool yourself into digging something before just throwing in the towel and slapping something else in there? I just keep feeling like they sound "plastic" or something.

Okay, now I take THAT all back! Comparing these to everything else I have.... I'm totally hatin' on these again, I've never had such a love/hate relationship with pickups before. For those of you who have, what did you do? Did you mess with the height and try to fool yourself into digging something before just throwing in the towel and slapping something else in there? I just keep feeling like they sound "plastic" or something.

You do realize that there's a reason why lipstick pickups are, shall we say, a bit less popular than other pickups, right?

I tried several, maybe 3 or 4 GFS pickups several years ago, the only one I liked was a strat sized rail pickup that I put in the neck position of a guitar. Other than that, they were all disappointing.

Back