Oh Look! Another One!!

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
As In Another Andy Timmons Pedal Collaboration With Keeley. A New Pedal Of The Recent New Pedal? But Wait! There Is More! ;)

I Kid (Kinda) But It Does Sound Nice!

I have been involved in a couple of threads on other forums about it.

It is essentially the Keeley Super AT Mod, which I have 2 of on my board, with an option to switch to symmetrical germanium clipping. So it is the Super AT mod with one more option on it.

Some folks are a bit ticked about it since they made such a big deal about the Super AT mod then this came out shortly after that limited edition pedal sold out and it has an additional option on it. I have played with pedal circuits and components enough to know that I probably won't like the new option all that much. Germanium diodes break up faster than silicon. They provide more saturation and compression. I like the openness and sensitivity that the Super AT Mod has so I would probably run it in that mode anyway if I had one and wouldn't benefit from the new feature at all. I also got both of my pedals at pretty good deals. I paid less for them as open box items as the used pedals were going for.

I Fall Into The "A Bit Irritated" Category On This One. I Find It Hard To Believe That This Newest Pedal Wasn't In The Works (Even If Only In Concept) When The Super AT Mod Pedal Came Out. I Love That Pedal And Am Happy With It But This Just Feels A Little Dirty And Cash Grabby To Me.

I'm jaded enough to think all "artist signature" products are a little "cash grabby." That wouldn't stop me getting something signature if it suited my needs though.

I'm jaded enough to think all "artist signature" products are a little "cash grabby." That wouldn't stop me getting something signature if it suited my needs though.
Well, considering executives at streaming services are pocketing all the record sales cash these days, they have to make money somewhere, right! And perpetual touring has taken a huge hit based on world wide pandemics and other such inconveniences ;~(( I applaud them for trying to use their name to grab some cash, what good is fame if you can't exploit it ;~)) I'm gonna get a Santana someday not because it is my favorite guitar, or because I need an invitation to Santana fest, but because I literally want to give him some money and buying a Santana model from PRS will do just that! I go to some movies for the same reason. I used to go see new Jack Nicholson movies in the theater just because I thought he deserved some of my cash ;~)) I also usually like his work (however, did you ever see his first film "Crybaby Killer"? - If not, find it and watch it, one of the worst pieces of film ever made) but you get the point I am sure! I know you don't really have an issue with them, but I am just saying I am cheering them on in the cash grab department! If the market supports the product, grab even more cash ;~))

Well, considering executives at streaming services are pocketing all the record sales cash these days, they have to make money somewhere, right! And perpetual touring has taken a huge hit based on world wide pandemics and other such inconveniences ;~(( I applaud them for trying to use their name to grab some cash, what good is fame if you can't exploit it ;~)) I'm gonna get a Santana someday not because it is my favorite guitar, or because I need an invitation to Santana fest, but because I literally want to give him some money and buying a Santana model from PRS will do just that! I go to some movies for the same reason. I used to go see new Jack Nicholson movies in the theater just because I thought he deserved some of my cash ;~)) I also usually like his work (however, did you ever see his first film "Crybaby Killer"? - If not, find it and watch it, one of the worst pieces of film ever made) but you get the point I am sure! I know you don't really have an issue with them, but I am just saying I am cheering them on in the cash grab department! If the market supports the product, grab even more cash ;~))
Hahahahaha! Santana. I have one. A fine guitar. I guess I stand by my statement of getting a signature item if it suits my needs. I think you make a bunch of good points. Especially the changing environment of music, and money making in music. I also stand by it being a bit cash grabby, but I’ll temper that and agree that maybe that is just as it should be.

Hahahahaha! Santana. I have one. A fine guitar. I guess I stand by my statement of getting a signature item if it suits my needs. I think you make a bunch of good points. Especially the changing environment of music, and money making in music. I also stand by it being a bit cash grabby, but I’ll temper that and agree that maybe that is just as it should be.
I guess the place I would have a problem with "artist" series stuff is when sh!t is produced in their name and/or it is just a rip off of something else. That I don't stand for ;~))

I stand by your comment as well, buy it if you need it!

I agree. The signature items always cost more. I am not usually one that buys signature gear. When I have bought it, I bought it for what it does and not who's name is on it. I somehow ended up on an Andy Timmons pedal buying spree last year. I ended up buying all of these but it was because I liked demos I heard from various players. I have not been disappointed by any of the pedals. It seems that Andy and I both look for the same things in pedals, mostly. I didn't even really know who Andy was but had heard his playing with Danger Danger back in the day but didn't know anything about him.

These are the Timmons pedals that I have purchased.
Keeley Super AT Mod - Actually bought two of them. Both are on my board set different.
Keeley Halo - I was looking for a more robust delay pedal. This thing is very cool.
JHS @ AT+ - I like that it has the boost in the pedal. It is a great sounding pedal that cleans up nice.

I agree. The signature items always cost more. I am not usually one that buys signature gear. When I have bought it, I bought it for what it does and not who's name is on it. I somehow ended up on an Andy Timmons pedal buying spree last year. I ended up buying all of these but it was because I liked demos I heard from various players. I have not been disappointed by any of the pedals. It seems that Andy and I both look for the same things in pedals, mostly. I didn't even really know who Andy was but had heard his playing with Danger Danger back in the day but didn't know anything about him.

These are the Timmons pedals that I have purchased.
Keeley Super AT Mod - Actually bought two of them. Both are on my board set different.
Keeley Halo - I was looking for a more robust delay pedal. This thing is very cool.
JHS @ AT+ - I like that it has the boost in the pedal. It is a great sounding pedal that cleans up nice.
I Went Crazy On The Various Halo Pedals And A Few AT Mod Pedals As Well. No Regrets...I Will Likely Try This One Out And Buy It For Some Additional Versatility To Join The Others As I See A Benefit In That. I Do Love The Stuff Being Put Out And I Love Andy's Playing. I Have Been A Fan For A Very Long Time.

I Went Crazy On The Various Halo Pedals And A Few AT Mod Pedals As Well. No Regrets...I Will Likely Try This One Out And Buy It For Some Additional Versatility To Join The Others As I See A Benefit In That. I Do Love The Stuff Being Put Out And I Love Andy's Playing. I Have Been A Fan For A Very Long Time.
This new pedal is one that I sort of feel like I would like to try it before I buy it. It really only offers one feature over the AT Mod. I have other GE OD pedals and they are generally just a little too aggressive for me in the way the distortion sounds. I have the Keeley Red Dirt and the Keeley Red Dirt GE. I much prefer the old original Red Dirt that I have. I have the Red Dirt mini too. It seems like it has a little more gain but is nowhere near what the GE version has. I really only like about the first 1/3 of the gain know on the GE pedal. I have the feeling this extra feature on the Muse is going to be very similar to that.

This new pedal is one that I sort of feel like I would like to try it before I buy it. It really only offers one feature over the AT Mod. I have other GE OD pedals and they are generally just a little too aggressive for me in the way the distortion sounds. I have the Keeley Red Dirt and the Keeley Red Dirt GE. I much prefer the old original Red Dirt that I have. I have the Red Dirt mini too. It seems like it has a little more gain but is nowhere near what the GE version has. I really only like about the first 1/3 of the gain know on the GE pedal. I have the feeling this extra feature on the Muse is going to be very similar to that.
I Tend To Agree...Still, It Does Have Me A Bit Fascinated With The Extra Feature. I Don't Mind The Extra Gain Since All of This Stuff Is Less Gain Than I Typically Ever Use. The Feel Is Something That I Am Also Curious About. I Tend To Be More Aware And Selective On How Things Feel And Respond As I Get Lower In The Gain Realm.

Back