Discovering old friends again. Fulltone Content

I recently pulled out my old Fulldrive 2 Custom Shop (pre-mosfet)... one of my 1st boutique overdrives (I think it was my 3rd one maybe?), and I forgot how much I love that thing. It was like, after years, "hey... THERE I am!" It's back on my board, I'll never sell that one.

Actually, he whole story is I had an FD2 pre-mosfet, but those were my "Overdrive days" where I was buying and trying furiously, looking for "THE ONE".... then I saw Grissom using one, so I bought it again, and that's the one I've held on to for probably 15 years now? I tried each new Fulldrive model over the years as they came out, but nothing sounded like my trusty old pre-mosfet Custom Shop.

3 of my favorite players use/used them: Grissom, Keith Urban, Twangeuro (Diego Garcia)... many many others of course, but Grissom and Urban are a big reason I bought the FD2.

fd2-red.jpg

Last edited:
Did you invent music and the spoken word @László? I am suitably impressed.🤩
Nope.

My claim to fame was the invention of the panic attack. But there was a fortuitous coincidence; shortly afterward our tribe's medicine man invented valium.

Side note: He also invented cataract surgery. Sharp flint flake right in the ol' eyeball. Unsurprisingly, that's why I invented the panic attack.

Nope.

My claim to fame was the invention of the panic attack. But there was a fortuitous coincidence; shortly afterward our tribe's medicine man invented valium.

Side note: He also invented cataract surgery. Sharp flint flake right in the ol' eyeball. Unsurprisingly, that's why I invented the panic attack.

You also invented the bad back, which luckily the apothecary from days of yore again invented Valium for.

Back