Forum search practically useless

Louie S

The search engine restrictions make it impossible to look for relevant information. For example the following search terms are simply ignored.

SE, DGT, TCI, 58/15, etc. These all return an error:

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

These are all valid PRS product indentifiers and the fact the I cannot filter my search using them makes it practically impossible to query the forum using them as a filter.

-louie

Thanks for the workaround ideas. Both of them returned more useful results.

FYI SE* still is ignored in the forum search. I suspect there is a hard 4 character search term restriction.

I don't know which software they are using here but it is likely that there are configuration options that allow the forum administrators to configure the behavior of the search. There is very likely an allowed list and a disallowed list of search terms.

Ideally the forum administrators could update this list to allow for these terms specific to PRS to be use in direct search,

-louie

Update:

I just jumped over to the XenForo site and entered their forums. Low and behold there is no restriction on search terms. For example a simple SE or TCI will return results, although unfortunately nothing about PRS ;-)

PRS forum admin: Please remove the search term length restriction in order to make the forum search useful.

Thanks,

-louie

Back