Finally getting another PRS after selling my guitars....but which one?

One CE24 OR S2 Singlecut + another guitar

• CE24

• S2 Singlecut + $500 guitar

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paulinator

Hello all. A few years back I had 13 guitars and among them a very nice 2012 PRS Custom 24 in Eriza Verde. Due to recent events and being unemployed I had to sell off all but two (LTD Snakebyte and Fender Bonnie Raitt Strat), so I no longer have a PRS.

I now have the opportunity to buy another guitar or two. I don't need 24 frets or a trem, but I do want something super versatile with incredible playability and build quality. My budget is limited, so no Core PRS for me unfortunately. Here's what I'm considering: One 2020 CE24, which would wipe out the entire budget. OR a 2016 S2 Singlecut (with Thornbuckers) + any other $500 guitar (I really want a Tele of some sort).

I've also toyed around with getting a nice SE and more expensive Tele....but I doubt I'll go that route unless someone can really convince me to pass up the chance to get a USA PRS.

I'm weighing the pros and cons as I think of them, and I'm leaning CE24, but I'm interested in what you guys would choose.

I’d personally go for the CE24. They’re very versatile with the coil splits and I think they’re the best deal for a new PRS because you’re getting all US components except the tuners and trem.

Tough one because I understand the love for a tele. I'd normally pick the CE24 without question. Have you looked at classic vibe telecasters? Excellent bang for the buck there.

Tough one because I understand the love for a tele. I'd normally pick the CE24 without question. Have you looked at classic vibe telecasters? Excellent bang for the buck there.

The Classic Vibe '60s Custom Tele is actually the one I had in mind with a $500 budget. Yeah, it's a tough decision because the only way I could get both the CE24 and the CV Tele any time soon is if I sell several of my main pedals to fund the Tele. I finally have the pedalboard of my dreams after 10+ years of a revolving door of pedals, but PRS and Tele GAS is a force to be reckoned with lol.

The Classic Vibe '60s Custom Tele is actually the one I had in mind with a $500 budget. Yeah, it's a tough decision because the only way I could get both the CE24 and the CV Tele any time soon is if I sell several of my main pedals to fund the Tele. I finally have the pedalboard of my dreams after 10+ years of a revolving door of pedals, but PRS and Tele GAS is a force to be reckoned with lol.

Did someone say pedals? LOL

Buy used and be patient. The good ones for a deal are out there...

Just buy the best tele you can afford. Done. Later, buy a single cut 245.

You talking SE Singlecut or the Core line? To be clear, unless I win the lottery I'll never buy another Core PRS. The CE24 I'll probably get is $1395 shipped and it's the most I'd consider spending. Until I ran across this deal, I was not even considering PRS. Years ago I made much more money and could splurge for a $3000 guitar, but those days are no more, looking like that was a once in a lifetime type of purchase.

You talking SE Singlecut or the Core line? To be clear, unless I win the lottery I'll never buy another Core PRS. The CE24 I'll probably get is $1395 shipped and it's the most I'd consider spending. Until I ran across this deal, I was not even considering PRS. Years ago I made much more money and could splurge for a $3000 guitar, but those days are no more, looking like that was a once in a lifetime type of purchase.

Save up money while enjoying your tele and keep an eye out for a good deal on as high a level singlecut as you can find. Or get a SE Marsden. I convinced a friend to get one and he likes it better than his Gibson LP.

Back